FIOS does not block port 80.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to metalunna

Premium Member

to metalunna
Futher DynDNS was updating just fine for me until I switched two weeks ago because they were killing the free accounts. I have moved to no-ip, for free. I have it configured in the Actiontec router to do the dynamic dns check-in

Silver_2000
Premium Member
join:2005-12-12
Carrollton, TX

Silver_2000 to Marty

Premium Member

to Marty
Just another user whos Dyndns all of a sudden stopped updating
Have Dyndns pro account - have had it for years ... Has to be something with a recent update on the Fios router ....
metalunna
join:2003-06-16
Clifton, NJ

metalunna

When it all started to happen I was in touch with Dyn. It was caused when Dyn updated their SSL certs to work around the heart bleed issue a few months ago. the actiontec does not like the new cert so it fails. Only fix is to have actiontec update to match the new Dyn cert. it's a tiny bit frustrating because I have less intelligent hardware that updates the Dyn IP just fine without any SW/FW updates to the hardware..just seems that the actiontec is particularly picky
mlohr
join:2001-05-28
Ellicott City, MD

mlohr to metalunna

to metalunna
Just got fios router revi dyndns still doesn't reply. Is there a router update?
metalunna
Clifton, NJ

metalunna

Latest Rev I firmware that I'm aware of is 40.21.10.3. And that's several months old. Actiontec/Verizon FW updates are few..and far between and usually don't have any features general users want.

LEOinDC
join:2001-12-02
Fort Washington, MD

4 edits

LEOinDC to metalunna

to metalunna
I have the Actiontec model MI424WR-GEN3I, hardware version I, with firmware 40.21.10.3. It was running the DynDNS service just fine until July 28th when I also started getting the "Not Updated - No response from dyndns.org" alert.

I always had a free No-IP account. So I changed the Dynamic DNS settings over to them in place of DynDNS.

Updating resumed immediately and continues running fine.
metalunna
Clifton, NJ

metalunna

Router updated to firmware 40.21.18
DYNDNS is now updating

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Great news!