All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cal
join:2014-04-23

Cal

[INTERNET] cogeco to connexio

I have a phone/internet package (turbo 20) with cogeco and while I am not unhappy with the speeds (use to be stuck with a really slow bell phone line before I moved) I find myself kind of put off by the low bandwidth cap. 125gb is just not cutting it and cogeco does not seem to offer an option for more bandwdth.

I have looked around and see I can get connexio here in asbestos,qc I can get a similar package phone/internet same speeds (HV 20) that would give me 150gb instead of 125 PLUS unlimited from midnight to 6. This would be for about the same price.

Question I have does anyone else out there use connexio? Are they any good? Will my speeds be about the same, I assume they are using cogecos cable so would assume speed will be the same? Do they throttle bandwidth or do the whole traffic shaping?

Also an on the side question I imagine you can only get a business package if you actually have a business? The Business Starter package (cogeco) looks nice even if it is a little slower than turbo 20.
jmarlatt2
join:2006-09-20
Chatham, ON

jmarlatt2

No overages on cogeco's business packages. You may be able to get the same speeds offered by cogeco with a better cap through an iisp such as start.ca or teksavvy. Check their sites out for availability.

Cal

Cal

Thanks for the reply. After looking techsavvy over some I find the prices rather nice but I am seeing a whole lot of negative reviews for them in 2014 via random googling.
Cal

Cal

Looking for cable internet but start.ca is not available and Ebox either which is sad as it seems to have a good rep.
jmarlatt2
join:2006-09-20
Chatham, ON

jmarlatt2

I've used teksavvy for years now and recommend them to all my friends. Most issues if you look further are due to the incumbents dragging their feet and prioritizing their service calls before iisp.

Not sure of any other options where your located, maybe some others can chime in.

Cal

Cal

Well techsavvy isn't available here yet and I wasn't finding anything better than connexio which has similar pricing though it has that nice midnight to 6am unlimited offer for 15$ a month.

Called cogeco and they made me an offer which I think may cover my needs

Thanks cogeco!
Expand your moderator at work

rogersmogers
@108.170.167.x

rogersmogers to Cal

Anon

to Cal

Re: [INTERNET] cogeco to connexio

said by Cal:

Thanks for the reply. After looking techsavvy over some I find the prices rather nice but I am seeing a whole lot of negative reviews for them in 2014 via random googling.

There is no such ISP as techsavvy. I think you mean Teksavvy

Cal

Cal

Indeed!