All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kvn864
join:2001-12-18
Sun City, AZ

kvn864

[Newsgroups] What free NZB sites are available today?

Or how accurate they are? Or worthy paying for? I am primarily IRCing right now, looking to stick my nose back to newsgroups to see whats happening there now.
Thank you.
PastTense
join:2011-07-06
united state

PastTense

Here are some lists:
»usenetreviewz.com/nzb-sites/
»wiki.sabnzbd.org/nzb-sources

One I like is Usenet-Crawler:
»www.usenet-crawler.com/

Note a lot of sites offer free access for a limited amount of use and paid access for unlimited use.
St0ry
join:2004-02-16
USA

St0ry to kvn864

to kvn864
Didn't know IRC is still a viable source these days. Is it still xdcc bots?

dks7
join:2004-05-31
Omak, WA

dks7

Yes its xdcc.
jlo14566
join:2013-03-07

jlo14566 to kvn864

to kvn864
Irc helps me fill in the rare DMCA hit that sabnzbd/sick can't get in time.
Drago5
join:2012-12-05

Drago5 to kvn864

to kvn864
I'm still on free open usenet search engines like »binzb.com/ or »binsearch.info/. Never used closed Newznab sites. Anyone can explain the advantage of the sites? Really interested in it but many require invites or are paid sites, will you get there more qualified Nzb files?
jlo14566
join:2013-03-07

jlo14566

Someone here stated that binsearch.info is now doing DMCA takedowns on the nzb files.

Frink
Professor
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Scotch Plains, NJ

1 recommendation

Frink to kvn864

Premium Member

to kvn864
said by kvn864:

Or how accurate they are? Or worthy paying for? I am primarily IRCing right now, looking to stick my nose back to newsgroups to see whats happening there now.
Thank you.

With the proliferation of the newznab engine, there are dozens of free sites that have taken the place of the major players that were taken down or took themselves down over a year ago as reflected in the above site lists. Other than to support the sites you like, there isn't a real benefit to paying for any memberships, at least for my needs. I am very happy with the results they provide, I can find everything I need, but my needs are pretty standard.

Doctor Four
My other vehicle is a TARDIS
Premium Member
join:2000-09-05
Dallas, TX

Doctor Four to kvn864

Premium Member

to kvn864
Binsearch is the one I have been using ever since both Newzbin2 and NZB matrix were shut down. Sure it is not as easy to use as the others were, and some content is riskier than others (notably anything from the software and warez groups), but it has never been subject to takedown as the others have, not that I know of.

One issue I have been seeing lately with them, though is that around half of all NZBs don't save on the first attempt and you have to have it create the NZB again. I am not sure whether this is a Firefox issue or is on their end.

Napsterbater
Meh
MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA

Napsterbater to kvn864

MVM

to kvn864
»nzbplanet.net/
Expand your moderator at work