Search similar:

uniqs

TAZ
join:2014-01-03
Tucson, AZ

3 recommendations

TAZ

So how's this work for everyone else?

So can I go rob a Verizon store, get arrested, then have a bunch of my friends send letters to the prosecutor in support of my release (no need to disclose their relation to me, of course!)? Hmm, something tells me that wouldn't turn out very well...

karpodiem
Hail to The Victors
Premium Member
join:2008-05-20
Troy, MI

3 recommendations

karpodiem

Premium Member

Woosh

The point is that when you and I do it, we go to jail. When Verizon does it, nothing happens.

"You come to us today on your bicycle, after buying Girl Scout cookies, and helping out mother Teresa, telling us 'we're sorry. We won't do it again,' " Rep. Michael Capuano, D.-Mass., ranted at the stone-faced octet. "Well, I have some people in my constituency that actually robbed some of your banks, and they say the same thing."
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by karpodiem:

The point is that when you and I do it, we go to jail. When Verizon does it, nothing happens.

Corporations are people too - according to the USSC and most Rethuglicans.

So, somebody should hire a shyster and figure out the law that lets 'We, the People' (what a quaint notion these days, isn't it?)(tm) take The Board of Public Utilities to court to overturn the decision. Then, once the decision is overturned, Verizon's fat corporate/person ass becomes the target.

Since the case IS in the public interest, 'We, the People' (what a quaint notion these days, isn't it?)(tm) should be able to argue that costs should not be awarded in the event 'We, the People' (yadda yaddayadda) lose.

*'We, the People' (what a quaint notion these days, isn't it?) is a registered trademark of Maynard G. Krebs Enterprises (Panama) Limited. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.