Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: Their CEO should be fired

But this is a win for the shareholders, He will probably get a nice bonus out of this.
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

1 recommendation

itguy05

quote:
But this is a win for the shareholders, He will probably get a nice bonus out of this.
As a shareholder this is not a win at all. I'd rather them spend the $$ and have a customer for life (as in, we're the only option in rural areas) rather than nothing.

Rural users want broadband. They don't want limited, expensive junk with caps which is what their wireless offering is. Homefusion is crazy expensive vs FIOS or even cable.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

If the CEO was smart, he could just spin off the wireline division into a new company (FiOS and all).

If it still makes them money they'll keep it. People still keep home phones for various reasons. And then there is the lucrative business market that relies on the wireline division. Most businesses I go in (I would say 99 percent of them) have a landline phone sitting on the desk/counter/wall. And most businesses have fax machines as well.

Even the new Chick-Fil-A that opened in February has a landline phone sitting behind the counter.

Maybe their residential landlines are being cut but businesses have landline phones left and right.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

Actually you have no way to tell if the phone in an overrated chicken joint is POTS or VOIP. I would not be surprised if that place just has a data line coming in and everything goes out over that.
itguy05
join:2005-06-17
Carlisle, PA

itguy05

quote:
Actually you have no way to tell if the phone in an overrated chicken joint is POTS or VOIP. I would not be surprised if that place just has a data line coming in and everything goes out over that.
And it all has to terminate at the POTS somewhere somehow....
« RICOA joke. »
This is a sub-selection from Their CEO should be fired