uniqs
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

[Voip.ms] VoIP.ms Vancouver PoP now available.

As the subject says.

que_ball
join:2004-05-11
Edmonton, AB

que_ball

Yay, saves me 14ms and potentially a trip through the NSA firewall. (Yeah they might have fibre taps on all the lines going to Vancouver too)

Switching all my devices and DIDs now.
taytong888
join:2005-06-20
Nepean, ON

taytong888 to Mango

to Mango
Actually both of the following are available:

vancouver.voip.ms
vancouver2.voip.ms

voipuser
@shawcable.net

voipuser

Anon

Thank you voip.ms!!

Just switched... pinging at 21ms!

Now if I could get incoming texts on my DID you guys would be perfect.
VoIP2Go
join:2013-12-14

VoIP2Go to Mango

to Mango
It's good news. You can never have too many VoIP servers and voip.ms have more than their fair share.
voxframe
join:2010-08-02

1 recommendation

voxframe to Mango

to Mango
Now I just wish they'd unveil server redundancy and automatic failover.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd

MVM

+!
VoIP2Go
join:2013-12-14

VoIP2Go to voxframe

to voxframe
said by voxframe:

Now I just wish they'd unveil server redundancy and automatic failover

Users have been requesting this for some time now, so perhaps they have a valid reason for not doing it. Have they responded publicly on this subject?
voxframe

voxframe to Mango

to Mango
I was told (From them) that it's coming. I just wish it would come a lot faster.

There's a lot of new features etc in their development lists. But it seems that nothing ever comes out. What does (This for example) is something random that wasn't on the public list.

Don't get me wrong, love their service, but kinda wish some of this big issues were solved.
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

1 recommendation

MartinM

Premium Member

said by voxframe:

I was told (From them) that it's coming. I just wish it would come a lot faster.

There's a lot of new features etc in their development lists. But it seems that nothing ever comes out. What does (This for example) is something random that wasn't on the public list.

Don't get me wrong, love their service, but kinda wish some of this big issues were solved.

I agree with you. We've promised features with ETA's that we could not respect. I believe success overwhelmed our team last year. We've learned from our mistakes.

Since then, We've hired 1 more Senior System Administartor, and the focus right now is all on releasing our Fax Service and releasing the "Call Confirmation Push Button".

Once this is done, we'll do the rest.

I'm being honest here, we're not perfect, but we do try our best to provide a quality service for our customers.

I promise they will be released. Our staff got outgrowed, but we're now back to working like bees. Sounds cheesy, but that's what the office look like now.

bitseeker
join:2014-03-05

bitseeker

Good stuff. The fax service will come in handy.
voxframe

voxframe to MartinM

to MartinM
Thanks Martin for the heads up. Please don't take my words as negative shots either. Voip.ms service has become much better over the past year or two. I've seen a lot of evolution in the network quality... And I can certainly understand what happens when things start growing quickly (I find myself in the same situation as we speak).

Best wishes!
MartinM
VoIP.ms
Premium Member
join:2008-07-21

MartinM

Premium Member

said by voxframe:

Thanks Martin for the heads up. Please don't take my words as negative shots either. Voip.ms service has become much better over the past year or two. I've seen a lot of evolution in the network quality... And I can certainly understand what happens when things start growing quickly (I find myself in the same situation as we speak).

Best wishes!

Never saw any negativity in your post, you're right. We didn't deliver certain features we've promised, but we're getting there. I appreciate your honest feedback.

If anyone is interested to meet our team, we'll be in ITW (International Telecom Week) in Chicago from May 11th to May 14th.

Regards