uniqs
share rss forum feed

Liberty

join:2005-06-12
Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Screen protectors

Another thread here is about swapping his drive and thread went on a bit of tangent - that hit a nerve on me.

I live in the desert where it usually really dry & dusty.
Only way I have had any success with applying a screen protector is during our brief raining season and after taking a shower with phone and protector 'kit' in there to get as damp as possible.

I try to clean with supplied cloth super careful but always end up with at least a couple fuzzes.
I have tried laying the protector on a damp cloth as I pull the sheet off the apply side.

If it is dry, simply pulling the sheet off the protector draws a bunch of floaties which ends up giving me a bunch of bubbles.

Anyone living where its dusty have any tips how you get bubble free protectors applied?
It only rained a couple times this winter and I spaced out seizing the moment and my screen protector needs replacement & ain't gonna rain till July - I am blue collar/dirty hands....

Rob
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL
kudos:2
Just let the hot water run in the shower and after about 5-10 minutes, you should be good to go.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
reply to Liberty
Take better care of your stuff, and skip the screen protector all together ....
(The above method works for me).
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Yeah, except sh1t happens -- better safe than sorry, right?

Liberty

Tucson, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 recommendation

reply to not quite right
I get what you are saying, however...

Most of my paychecks begin with a phone call.
If I am drilling a hole in concrete, for example, and my phone rings with a potential next job, I am not going to go wash my hands then answer phone.
I am gonna dig my phone out of my pouch take that call then & there.

The screen protector is one way 'taking care of my stuff'.
Some of us got dirty jobs and high tech tools...

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to Liberty
I use this product from Invisible Shield for the screen protector. »www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/gla ··· rotector. Easy to put on and no bubbles. I practiced a few times before actually applying the glass screen protector. I did it on the kitchen table.

And with this bumper case. »www.luvvitt.com/iphone-5-bumper- ··· ear.html They seal the phone from just about anything. The only thing that gets in on the back of the phone is a few dog hairs.

To clean the glass, case, and phone, I use a HDTV screen spray on cleaner. Works like a champ.

I too live in the desert and get the winds and sand, although it is not too bad in LV.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Rob
said by Rob:

Just let the hot water run in the shower and after about 5-10 minutes, you should be good to go.

I was going to suggest the same thing. The humidity should take care of the floating particles in the air and allow you to put the screen protector on.

I have moved on from traditional screen protectors (even used the InvisibleShield one also), and now am in love with tempered glass screen protectors. It feels nice and smooth, exactly like your phone screen, but actually protects your screen from cracking/breaking, which traditional screen protectors don't (they only protect from scratches). Check them out.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
Those screen protectors were not available when I bought mine.

I don't know if it is practicable to buy one of the newer ones.

Do we know what the OP is using? Steam in shower sounds like a film protector.
--
"You can observe a lot by watching". Yogi Berra

Liberty

Tucson, AZ
reply to Liberty
Yup, film protector is what I have.

I never heard of hard ones, that is my next stop...

not quite right

Puyallup, WA
said by Liberty:

Yup, film protector is what I have.

I never heard of hard ones, that is my next stop...

if you must ...»www.spigen.com/brands/apple/ipho ··· ass.html
--

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
Actually the GLAS.tR SLIM by Spigen is the better of the tempered glass screen protectors. That's what I currently have on my HTC One (M7). It's even better than their GLAS.t SLIM ones.

not quite right

Puyallup, WA

1 recommendation

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Actually the GLAS.tR SLIM by Spigen is the better of the tempered glass screen protectors.

Correct, I posted the wrong link. Try this »www.spigen.com/brands/apple/ipho ··· ass.html
--

Liberty

Tucson, AZ
Thanks
I have it bubble free now.
A bit more than I wanted to spend but time will tell if it works out in long run to work better for me...

not quite right

Puyallup, WA
reply to Liberty
The bad thing about the Spigen GLAS.tr protectors is that they are so nice that you almost are tempted to put a screen protector on your screen protector LOL
--