WK2

Premium Member

Nothing too special
Nerve
join:2010-01-04
Raleigh, NC

Nerve to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
Yeah, looks a bland to me as I don't care about any of this. Hopefully, there will be small things that will be included like friend notifications or a way to clean up the menu when a lot of games/apps are installed... or maybe active the 3D blu-ray feature.

Draper
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19
Florissant, MO

Draper to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
My PS4 plays games great. I wouldn't mind if they put out a DLNA update, but it does do exactly what I bought it for.

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
Add that PS/PS2 backwards compatibility they were talking about earlier in the year along with mp3 and media server support and I will be sold. Waiting for a reason to get a PS4.

Woody79_00
I run Linux am I still a PC?
Premium Member
join:2004-07-08
united state

Woody79_00 to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
Yeah...pretty meh

I don't own either the X1 or PS4, but IMO both of these consoles suck and are in many ways a step backwards from the PS3 and X360. the PS3 and X360 actually do more then the systems they replaced...thats just sad.

Hell, AFAIK the PS4 can't even play 3d Blu-Ray's yet, but the PS3 can. Really?

This is not to mention the lack of games, both consoles have this problem...im surprised at the flat out lack of games at this point...its really disheartening....

I was hoping these consoles would bring about the 6-8 core CPU game support sauce on PC, so far sadly, that hasn't been the case.

SteelersFan
join:2001-02-12
Rockwall, TX

SteelersFan

I hear you. I was an early adopter and if I had the chance to go back and do it over again I probably would have said no. That being said, it was a lot of fun playing Infamous Second Son and Watchdogs comes out this month. It's just taking longer than expected.

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
I personally don't regret adopting the PS4 early, and although I do wish they'd add DLNA client features and 3D Blu-ray playback, at least I'm seeing some progress being made and have hope that we'll see some of those things eventually.

On the flipside, if I could go back and undo my Xbox One purchase, I likely would. So far there's been one exclusive I cared anything about (Forza 5), my Kinect unit has already failed after exactly four Skype video calls and needs to be sent in for repair/replacement, and I have much less confidence in the stability of the system software overall. I am considering selling it, to be honest, and maybe buying back in after a few years if the landscape has changed enough.

Plus, with the PS4's new external storage / video / Twitch archiving options, the advantage that I felt the Xbox One had over video editing and exporting has been erased.
Nerve
join:2010-01-04
Raleigh, NC

Nerve

said by banditws6:

I personally don't regret adopting the PS4 early, and although I do wish they'd add DLNA client features and 3D Blu-ray playback, at least I'm seeing some progress being made and have hope that we'll see some of those things eventually.

On the flipside, if I could go back and undo my Xbox One purchase, I likely would. So far there's been one exclusive I cared anything about (Forza 5), my Kinect unit has already failed after exactly four Skype video calls and needs to be sent in for repair/replacement, and I have much less confidence in the stability of the system software overall. I am considering selling it, to be honest, and maybe buying back in after a few years if the landscape has changed enough.

Plus, with the PS4's new external storage / video / Twitch archiving options, the advantage that I felt the Xbox One had over video editing and exporting has been erased.

I'm with you 100%. I don't regret picking up the PS4, but I do kinda regret picking up the X1. I'm not going to sell it or anything because eventually there will be things that I want to play so I'll just hold it. I've been dumping a lot of time into Titanfall, but I could have played that on the 360.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
I have been enjoying my PS4, but am glad I sold the Xbox One. Was not that impressed with it.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Interesting thought I just had...
Poll

Votes:

I myself honestly don't know. If I took a guess, I'd say more are disappointed. But I guess I can't truly understand why. I mean, it plays games. Which IMHO is the main function of it's job. Why would someone be disappointed in that? I guess a 100 bucks more and that it's specs are slightly less then the competition can be argued.

But my whole purpose of purchasing a PS4 was to play the next best batch of games offered to us. Yeah I watch Netflix and Hulu on it. But that's about it. If I want to hear music, look at pictures, or any other sort of multi media, I use my phone, tablet or computer. I figure the less wear and tear on my console the better for me and the longer it will last.
Which is probably why my 60GB fatboy PS3 is still running. The only thing I did to that was add a bigger HDD.

Don't get me wrong, I'm cool with them adding new features to the consoles. Just as long as they're useful features. The ones they added to the most recent PS4 update, I don't see as really useful. ..maybe it could be for certain things, but I dunno.
Now, Trophies...not useful. BUT, if you earned a certain amount of trophies where it rewarded you online store credits for a free game of your choice...then that's VERY useful. And promotes replay value on games. How many of you would beat a game on normal, earn some trophies and then play that same game on the hardest settings to earn the highest amount of trophies you could, if it meant that you earned a free game credit to use any time you wish. Get the new BF, COD, or GTA for free? Yes thank you very much!
I wonder if they could add a feature that would allow you to use a thumb drive for extra RAM?

Anyway...
I guess I don't fully understand the disappointment I read because I grew up when consoles where considered toys. And all they did was play games. I was satisfied with it then, and I'm happy that they do more. But at the same time, as it stands right now, I'm satisfied with how things are going for my system of choice.

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside

I think because both Sony and Microsoft upped the ante with their previous consoles by showing a gaming console can be more useful than just to play games. They set the bar and when they lowered the bar back down for the next generation of consoles it makes a lot of people wonder why the latest and greatest can't do the same thing as the "older" model?