Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

truasian16

join:2003-11-10
Jersey City, NJ
reply to truasian16

[Connectivity] Re: comcast blocking youtube

the whole site is down not just a specific video. also if it works in tor browser that means the site isn't down and there are no issues there. comcast is clearly blocking youtube seeing if they could milk money out of google just like they did for netflix. and the issue is not just isolated to me many other people are having the same issue in my area.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
So network problems in your area are a plot by Comcast to deny you your YouTube?

train_wreck

join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to truasian16
comcast doesn't block or throttle anything. because you say tor is working, that might point to a localized routing/DNS problem in your area. when you use tor, you emerge in a location most likely far away, and get potentially different DNS servers. that fact that you say others in your area are having a problem, supports this thesis even further.

try manually using OpenDNS (208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220) and see if that works.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
reply to truasian16
Ok if Comcast is blocking YouTube why do I have Comcast and able to to get to youtube and play music?
--
Caddy

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream
reply to truasian16
said by truasian16:

the whole site is down not just a specific video. also if it works in tor browser that means the site isn't down and there are no issues there.

No that dose not mean that there are not any issues.

Youbube has 1000's of server all over the place, and different connection are routed to different data centers, apparently the data center/server you are being sent to while on comcast is having issues, and that is entirely a google problem.

said by truasian16:

comcast is clearly blocking youtube seeing if they could milk money out of google just like they did for netflix. and the issue is not just isolated to me many other people are having the same issue in my area.

They allowed peering points to congest not down right break netflix.

Again you are all being routed to the same google data center/server most likely since you are in the same area, again a google problem.
--
IPv6 Sage - ipv6.he.net/certification/scoresheet.php?pass_name=Napsterbater
www.napshome.net

truasian16

join:2003-11-10
Jersey City, NJ
yeah it works now

shades

join:2001-06-26
Williamstown, NJ
said by truasian16:

yeah it works now

Obviously the evil comcast people got to you. Be honest it does not work. Don't be part of the conspiracy