spc
uniqs

Famine
@cgocable.net

Famine to dillyhammer

Anon

to dillyhammer

Re: Terrible bandwidth rates during 4pm-12pm

Uhm, teksavvy just resell cogeco lines, so that would not change the problem? would it?... also Shaw direct is not in my area.

Also, bell offers 15down/10up, why does teksavvy only do 15down/1up
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

said by Famine :

Uhm, teksavvy just resell cogeco lines, so that would not change the problem? would it?... also Shaw direct is not in my area.

Shaw Direct is satellite. They cover all of Canada. Unless you have some obstruction that prevents you from installing a dish you should be able to get it.
jmarlatt2
join:2006-09-20
Chatham, ON

jmarlatt2

Think teksavvy and start were suggested as a way of saving money while still being able to see the same max speed and getting the congestion issues fixed at the same time as cogeco customers do.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to Famine

Premium Member

to Famine
said by Famine :

Switching to Start or Teksavvy will not fix your problem. The node split will fix your problem. That'll happen if you're with Cogeco or with Start or Teksavvy. Switching is how you tell the company, any company, you're not happy with their service. Both are usually cheaper too, for the same service. Saving money is a good thing. Both also have a little more respect for their customer base.

Shaw Direct is a satellite service. They are everywhere, as far as I know.

If Teksavvy says they can only do 15/1, then I'm very suspicious of Bell telling you anything different. But then again, being suspicious of Bell is a good thing. I suspect they'll tell you whatever you want to hear to make you order, then screw you once the install is finished. The Bell forum speaks for itself.

Mike

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

1 edit

Davesnothere to jmarlatt2

Premium Member

to jmarlatt2
said by jmarlatt2:

Think teksavvy and start were suggested as a way of saving money while still being able to see the same max speed and getting the congestion issues fixed at the same time as cogeco customers do.

Agreed.

BTW, the START forum has just reported an upgrade to the upload speed (3 channels instead of 1) having just been turned on for Brockville, so you might well be next of the remaining places to get SOMETHING improved locally.

Famine
@72.39.244.x

Famine

Anon

I lived in brockville before moving to smith falls (girlfriends fault)...In 10 years I always maxed out my cogeco connection there....brockville is centrally located...401, crossroads between toronto/montreal/ottawa...im sure theres a lot more pipes going thru brockville then smith falls
Famine

Famine

Anon

I also called again today and the rep said its still due for an upgrade BY may 31st....so ill wait a week or two into june...if its not fixed then ill be forced to get bell (only 15down/1up...but at least it will be consistent)

Keaters
Premium Member
join:2007-07-25
Windsor, ON

Keaters

Premium Member

I am in Chatham, not on a congested node, and tonight I am pulling synchronized 4/4 speeds. This is normal and Cogeco is looking into my issue but there is no ETA for repair. No one on my node can get a full 60 download at all. Anyone on the Ultimate 55 cannot get that speed either. Only 20Mbps or lower can receive their full speeds. Blows my mind.