how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

allowiches

join:2012-04-01
Palm Coast, FL

[CFL] Starz HD and my 8300HDC

I am not receiving the new Starz HD channels on my 8300. Just a black screen. I DO get the main Starz HD channel. I get them on my 8640. I have rebooted. I don't know of any other channels that I am having problems with.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:159
You need an MPEG4 box for those channels.

allowiches

Palm Coast, FL
Maybe you can tell the Mrs for me...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by allowiches:

Maybe you can tell the Mrs for me...

LOL just exchange the box at a lobby location...tell them you need one that MPEG 4 for StarzHD and they already know what to do
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

allowiches

Palm Coast, FL
Like I said... My wife hates changing out the box. She loses all the series entries so when the shows return she doesn't get them. She actually said if there is something she really wants to watch on Starz she will watch it in SD.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to allowiches
Ohhhhhh.....ouch...there is no painless way out of this for you Allowiches unless she can have a TV cram session and watch all those programs first.

jwb1977

join:2013-09-07
Orlando, FL

1 recommendation

You could rent two boxes for a short period to ease the cut-over

allowiches

Palm Coast, FL
Already have two DVR's. There is no way out. It's not the already recorded shows that's the problem. It's the shows that are not running right now that she will miss when they return because the Series manager won't have them.

Wish List Item: Allow entry into series manager by keyboard even if show is not on the schedule.

kmdean

join:2012-06-22
Orlando, FL
kudos:1
Hopefully series manager stuff is brought to the cloud in the future, so when you get a new dvr you just need to sync it with your account to at least get your preferred settings and series manager setups downloaded.

telijah
Premium
join:2013-04-22
Brandon, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Net..
reply to allowiches
1: Write down all series
2: get new box and set recording series for shows that are currently airing
3: Set weekly/monthly reminders to check for shows not airing in something like maybe your phone's calendar.
4: Once you know when the new airing for said shows returns, set another reminder to setup the series.

allowiches

Palm Coast, FL
Telijah,

I'll give you my phone number and let YOU tell my wife to do that. Better yet, let me give you my address and you can tell her in person.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by allowiches:

Telijah,

I'll give you my phone number and let YOU tell my wife to do that. Better yet, let me give you my address and you can tell her in person.

I wish I had an easy button for you on this one. I truly do understand your situation (also the reason I am not married lol).
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

kmdean

join:2012-06-22
Orlando, FL
I think allowiches is going to be her easy button... so get to writing down the series... or you could take pictures of the screens to save some time.

Note for features: Have the My Services Remote DVR Manager show the series recordings so it can at least be copy/pasted... even better if it could be exported / imported.

Milkman

join:2011-03-10
Brooksville, FL
This is a problem that I believe ALL of the providers have, and I am shocked that no one has fixed it yet. The inability to backup and restore between different boxes is a major pain to a lot of people.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to allowiches
The answer simply is time. Techs cannot wait around for a backup to take place and people are people and would never backup in advance (lets be real now). You of course have those pesky people called content owners who well...are a bit paranoid. Cloud DVR is an option and looking for attractive but it too has potential issues that are slowly being worked through.

Milkman

Brooksville, FL
Oh god. I would never expect the technicians to wait around on a backup. But an option in the GUI for those that would use it would be AWESOME.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
But there are plenty who would...therein lies the problem

Milkman

Brooksville, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House Dig..
·Vonage
·Bright House Net..
If the help desk sets the level of expectation right up front, the expectation of technicians doing that would be minimal (notice I said minimal and I didn't say non existent ).

Just my .02.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Milkman:

If the help desk sets the level of expectation right up front, the expectation of technicians doing that would be minimal (notice I said minimal and I didn't say non existent ).

Just my .02.

You can set expectations all day long people are people and besides in many cases you won't know the DVR is the issue until you get there....
--