how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ttiiggy
Premium
join:2001-03-27
Bozeman, MT

Where does a screen door generally attach?

Click for full size
I am looking at putting a screen door on the house. I don't know how standard the measurements are. I have seen some directions that say to measure the space that is available and order one that size. Like a company is going to make custom sizes?

I got a screen door that is supposed to fit for my door size.
The screen door frame has an angle piece with screw holes in it.
It looks like it is going to mount to the brick-mold or whatever you call the trim around the door frame. That trim piece doesn't feel like it is attached very well.

Here is a picture of where it looks like the screws are going to go. Is this right?

mityfowl
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

Called the Z bar.

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Charter
·voip.ms
·surpasshosting
reply to ttiiggy

That is where most "storm doors" will attach. If your trim is sketchy, you'll want to firm it up.
There are actual "screen doors" that can attach inside the door frame. They are usually pretty flimsy and don't last very long.
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·G4 Communications
·Fairpoint Commun..
·Hollis Hosting
reply to ttiiggy

The two that we have surface attach to the brick mould. That makes installation easy. As nunya See Profile posted if the brick mould is rotted or not firmly attached to building and jam fix that first.

/tom

printscreen

join:2003-11-01
Juana Diaz, PR
reply to ttiiggy

I have two that are attached to the door frame. They are the same size as the doors they are attached to but they were custom made. Their frames are "piggy-backed" so to speak to the other door and both frames are flush to each other.