Icarus
Department Of Redundancy Department
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center
kudos:1

6 recommendations

reply to suprleg

You never knew how many adverts and shows on TV or radio had doorbell sounds in them until, you get a dog who really likes to bark at doorbells!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

2 recommendations

reply to suprleg

I watched a PBS program about animal intelligence. Did you know dogs have a type of olfactory alarm clock? The reason they know it's time for daddy to walk in the door, or feeding time, is that a scent gradually dissipates away, and as it does, it marks time. When a sent has dissipated to the right amount, a dog knows what time it is. Crazy, huh?

There was a dog in the show that could smell a can of meat that was in a large lake, the dog pinpointed the exact spot the can of meat was. Wow.

If only there was a barking device we could buy that could be used to turn off a barking dog. One of the neighbors here has a large, very loud, hyper dog that they keep outside and it barks all night sometimes. I love dogs, but I also love getting sleep.

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

said by signmeuptoo:

...If only there was a barking device we could buy that could be used to turn off a barking dog. One of the neighbors here has a large, very loud, hyper dog that they keep outside and it barks all night sometimes. I love dogs, but I also love getting sleep.

Mark, why don't you politely recommend this to the neighbors with the barking dog???

»www.amazon.com/PetSafe-Gentle-Sp···002D31QU

I have three of these here; one large one for Chance (he is a barking idiot!), and two little ones, in case the Rat Patrol gets out of hand. Chance wears one when I leave the house; he barks non-stop when I leave, and I got really tired of it. This collar resolved the problem, and is NOT a shock collar -- I won't use those things. Citronella is a nice smell to come home to, although Chance is usually asleep on the dog couch when I get home.
--
"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium
join:2004-05-06
Cypress, CA
kudos:4

2 recommendations

My work here is done...

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef

Wow, that is quite an item. Well, my neighborhood isn't the, erm, best, some people, like these ones, are borderline scary, hence why nobody's done anything about it.