spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pete98765
join:2014-04-16
United Stas

pete98765

[CenturyTel] Configure DSL with Win Live Mail

Does CenturyLink DSL work with Windows Live Mail (Windows 7)? I like their email page, but I had become accustomed to Windows Live Mail.

Ken1943
join:2001-12-30
Brighton, CO

Ken1943

Live mail couldn't care less about you internet connection.
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw to pete98765

to pete98765
If you mean will the e-mail address CL gave you work with Windows Live Mail, the answer is yes!

I would start here: »internethelp.centurylink ··· ess.html and choose what your e-mail address ends in.

If your account is pretty new and you have a CenturyLink.net e-mail address, you can go right here: »internethelp.centurylink ··· e-1.html

IMAP would be preferable, which would be preferable, because POP deletes email from the server when it pulls it to your computer, so if your computer has a problem and you aren't running backups, or you use more than one computer or device to pull e-mail, you may lose mail.

They don't seem to "support it" but the IMAP connection information is here: »internethelp.centurylink ··· s-1.html

If you're talking about using your existing live.com account, you can keep using that in the WLM application with no problems.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by coryw:

... POP deletes email from the server when it pulls it to your computer ...

The default behavior of Windows Live Mail is to leave messages on the server for POP3 accounts. This can cause unexpected, anomalous behavior when accessing the same account from different devices; another reason to prefer IMAP for access.
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor to pete98765

to pete98765
I also use Live mail with IMAP. Here are the settings I use (I have a Q.com email)

incoming mail.q.com port 143
outgoing smtp.q.com port 587

login user name is the email address

under outgoing, check "Requires Authencation"