Search similar:

uniqs

Davy49
join:2007-04-10
Brandon, MS

Davy49

[Upgrades] Upgrade Status in 75165 (TX) Area

Hi,
My wife and I are moving to the Waxahachie, TX 75165 area the first week of June. I'm just trying to get updated information as to when the system there will be upgraded so that additional feature's such as HD-On Demand-Digital Phone Service, might become available. Since our move date is approaching so quickly now..the 'upgraded' system probably won't be available by the time of our move. I was just wondering if anyone MIGHT have information concerning this matter. I've called the 1-888-GET-CHARTER # more than once, and they couldn't provide me with any information.
Thanks,
David

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

really depends though Charter has been replacing lines in the area but may stop the upgrades though :/ news broke today that Comcast is buying Charter systems in Texas so unless they agree to upgrade the system before selling in there may not be a lot of upgrades done still :/ I think they may finish the upgrades though just so Comcast will buy the area.

DLow
join:2013-11-16
Waxahachie, TX

DLow to Davy49

to Davy49
the upgrades were supposed to start in may from what i understood. or from what i hear anyway
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen to Davy49

Premium Member

to Davy49
You would likely get better info by asking one or more of your new neighbors that already have Charter services. Unless someone from Waxahachie actually visits this thread, its the only way to get accurate info.

DLow
Waxahachie, TX

DLow

-- i am in wax

Davy49
Brandon, MS

1 edit

Davy49

Hi,
Thanks so much for all of your replies..it sounds like it's going to be quite a while before the home we are moving to wile get upgraded anytime soon. I will continue to explore my other option's. For instance..I know AT&T Uverse is already available @ our address, we just returned from a visit there, and one day while eating lunch at a local business, I just happen to meet an installer for Uverse, he told me he did installs in the area where our home is located. He said where he lives that Uverse isn't available, and that he uses charter, he said their product at his home leaves a lot to be desired, he said said he felt as if we would be satisfied with the Uverse service.
Thanks,
David

DLow
Waxahachie, TX

DLow

In waxahachie its hard to beat Charters internet tbh you can beat the TV easily with DirecTV or Dish. I used to work for ATT in this area on top of that used to use the UVerse internet ATT TV is fine but there ineternet in the area is kind of cruddy its almost as if they over-sale.

Dont be fooled also unless your moving into a brand new housing edition thats only a few years old your not going to get true uVerse.

Personally even though i sub-contract for Charter i use Skybeam.com for internet i usually pull 18Down/12UP which is great. and i use DirecTV for Television.

With that said i live in a area off of hwy 287 that was never built out by Charter but even if they had im not sure if i would be switching out or not due to the upload speed of there internet. But there net is very stable in the area.
kherr
Premium Member
join:2000-09-04
Collinsville, IL

kherr to Davy49

Premium Member

to Davy49
Well geeee, a Uverse employee pushing Uverse while bad mouthing the competition ......

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by kherr:

Well geeee, a Uverse employee pushing Uverse while bad mouthing the competition ......

well that system is pretty bad actually they are having to rebuild it. They don't offer HD, VOD, phone which is being worked on. 51 analogs still 450MHz areas with no internet and 550MHz areas with internet DOCSIS 3.0 and then there is a small 860MHz hub off of the system that has HD and DOCSIS 3.0 but not phone yet. there has been plans and work done to the cable system to upgrade it to 860MHz but with Charter selling the system likely it may affect the upgrades.

Davy49
Brandon, MS

Davy49

It looks like I'll just have to be satisfied with what is available once we get over there. I know the 'key' factor with Uverse, is how far away the home is from the vrad unit.
David

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Davy49:

It looks like I'll just have to be satisfied with what is available once we get over there. I know the 'key' factor with Uverse, is how far away the home is from the vrad unit.
David

not entirely true it really depends on if you get TV/Internet and Phone as they reserve only so much bandwidth for internet as they reserve a lot of the bandwidth for TV so internet traffic gets throttled I can say single bonded pair will probably get less than 50% of advertised speeds on the 24Mbp tier and bonded pair half of 45Mbps.

my area just qualified for 45Mbps VDSL2+ At&t Uverse but I have family/friends that have it and noticed a lot of slow downs when you record or watch 4 things at once.

DLow
Waxahachie, TX

DLow to Davy49

to Davy49
Why not just get Charter for Internet? Most areas around here normally push close to 40-55mbps/4up and get ATT or Direct for TV ?