I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

1 recommendation

You can fetch it below but there are no release notes so go forth at your own risk and peril

»download.mozilla.org/?product=fi···ng=en-US

joe0307
Z3

join:2001-06-25
FL/NY
reply to Ronnie_USA

Got it on internal updater

Darth Bane

@47.54.90.x

Also got it via internal update.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
reply to joe0307

said by joe0307:

Got it on internal updater

Ditto.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

reply to Ronnie_USA

Updated and hated the new version. Thanks to over a hour tweaking it with Classic Theme Restorer I have it customized better than it was before.

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
reply to Ronnie_USA

Yep, got it thru the internal updater.

Too early to rave or complain.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Ronnie_USA

For the first time I can see both Disconnect & ABP icons in the toolbar

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to tonyram57

Updated from what version?

Earlier I'd said, "i can't really image that a happy FF28 user would be put off by FF29. there (with a quick look) just isn't that much difference. Ugly, IMO & poor UI/UX, IMO, but that's besides the point.".

(s/image/imagine)

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
reply to Ronnie_USA

What happened to the add-on bar -
»support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wha···d-on-bar

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ
kudos:1
reply to tonyram57

said by tonyram57:

Updated and hated the new version. Thanks to over a hour tweaking it with Classic Theme Restorer I have it customized better than it was before.

Ditto. Classic Theme Restorer was key but I still haven't found a way to move the tabs back down to where I want them.

MarkRH
Premium
join:2005-02-08
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to Ronnie_USA

Installed v29 via internal update. Downloaded the v28 installer and backed up profile before doing so. After installing the latest beta versions of Classic Theme Restorer, Classic Toolbar Buttons and Status4Evar.. I've got the main UI back to what it was for the most part. Tabs are square again and back on the bottom. My title bar is back to looking like a normal windows program and I've got my "Status Bar" back on the bottom. There might be a redundancy here between CTR (Add-on Bar) and Status4Evar (Status Bar) but they each have different options.

I did have to use a different RSS Icon in the URL bar add-on as the one I was using was wigging out with Australis. One I'm using now: »addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox···esombar/

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to siljaline

said by siljaline:

What happened to the add-on bar -
»support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/wha···d-on-bar

Easy to get the Add-On bar back with Classic Theme Restorer as per the link you posted...however ForecastFox is still not compatible.

MarkRH
Premium
Oklahoma City, OK

1 recommendation

reply to Steely

said by Steely:

said by tonyram57:

Ditto. Classic Theme Restorer was key but I still haven't found a way to move the tabs back down to where I want them.

In CTR options -> Main Tab -> Under Tabs change the second drop-down to "Tabs not on top". I also unchecked "Tabs in title bar"

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ

Thanks...just figured out how to do that after seeing your post above!

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ

Anyone know how to get movable "reload" and "stop" buttons back?

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Ronnie_USA

This is horrible. I tried the classic theme restorer, but then my menu bar (with the File Edit ,etc...) is pushed under the title bar, with just a tiny bit showing. Even with the add-on bar on, it didn't look like Status4Evar was working.

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY
reply to Ronnie_USA

I had Adblock plus installed but when I go to open up my homepage I gets ads on the page until I refresh the page then they go away. Chrome does this all the time which is super annoying so I just leave the page blank now.

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to andyross

I downloaded the latest Beta of Status4Evar (2014.04.27.21), and it works.

MarkRH
Premium
Oklahoma City, OK
reply to Ronnie_USA

Unfortunately, I can no longer use the theme I was using (Qute4+) and the author has stopped maintaining it due to all the UI changes in 29. A majority of the Full Themes are no longer compatible (for now).

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to Steely

For anyone looking to restore ForcastFox...
»groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/···D3o1O7XM

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA

1 recommendation

reply to Steely

Same here.
Reload and stop

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Ronnie_USA

I noticed the Print button I had on my toolbar now appears to actually do a Print Preview.

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
Ojai, CA

1 edit

I used that this afternoon. Like it! Print button.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2
reply to siljaline

said by siljaline:

What happened to the add-on bar...

I tried Classic Theme Restorer but ended up uninstalling it. It can't remove (the seemingly now permanent) Navigation Toolbar which I always had off. Now all my add-on icons are in that toobar (at the top of the screen). I'll get used to it in a few days--maybe.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ

Maybe try this: »addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox···don-bar/

andyross
Premium,MVM
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Ronnie_USA

I've also noticed that the second time I try to go into Customize for the toolbars, nothing happens. It just opens up a new blank tab. I have to close and restart FF to make more changes.

Steely
Premium
Princeton Junction, NJ
reply to Ronnie_USA

I don't understand why the chief FF developers make radical changes like this. How does anyone benefit?

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

1 edit
reply to Steely

said by Steely:

Maybe try this...

Thanks but unless I can turn the Navigation Bar off what's the point? Adding the Status Bar back just consumes more screen space.

Edit: With the default FF 29 theme at least the area consumed by bars etc is about the same as it used to be just re-organized.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

While people can't customize the stop/reload button by default now, making the status bar part of the upper bar makes sense as it will use less space overall.

I used to use an extension to force the tabs into the titlebar space, and now that's done by default. Firefox on windows actually disables the titlebar by default which is good is you don't like it taking up space, otherwise you can re-enable the titlebar in the customization options. The only annoying part to me is having to hit alt to manually go to the Help -> About Firefox.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.