share rss forum feed

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
reply to Guspaz

Re: SkyNet Canada / Fibre Media FYI - Top Montreal Internet Providers

Pardon my ignorance, how is Rogers a Montreal ISP? I can get Videotron, or a reseller, also cannot get Cogeco.
Peer1 is an ISP to whom?
Openface went out of business a decade(?) ago, but seem to be back (according to this list). A friend of mine had their wireless hookup to their business, it was great, but no connectivity for me.
Hence my question on whether this list is B2B skewed.
--
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it."
~ Project Hope ~

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
said by EUS:

Pardon my ignorance, how is Rogers a Montreal ISP? I can get Videotron, or a reseller, also cannot get Cogeco.
Peer1 is an ISP to whom?
Openface went out of business a decade(?) ago, but seem to be back (according to this list). A friend of mine had their wireless hookup to their business, it was great, but no connectivity for me.
Hence my question on whether this list is B2B skewed.

Rogers and Fido wireless often show up as Rogers Cable on Ookla's testing. I've been detected as Rogers Cable while doing a speedtest on my Fido iPhone, for example.

Peer1 is a (very large) datacenter host who has facilities in Montreal. They primarily address the enterprise market.

OpenFace's website says they've been operating since 1996, so they clearly never went out of business. They may have gone into bankruptcy protection or something, I don't know.

The list isn't B2B skewed so much as it includes all sort of transit providers (be they residential, business, or enterprise) indiscriminately.
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.3 released!