spc
Search similar:

uniqs
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to Bierboy

to Bierboy

Re: [Cable HSI] Mediacom Increasing Speeds Without Increasing Prices in Early June

My problem is Mediacom sent the email out that made me go buy a new modem to bond to 8 channels. When the service is not here yet

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

said by GLIMMER:

My problem is Mediacom sent the email out that made me go buy a new modem to bond to 8 channels. When the service is not here yet

Nobody MADE you buy a modem....
Bierboy

2 recommendations

Bierboy to drslash

to drslash
said by drslash:

If you are referring to me as a joker then I will respond. Mediacom fucked up my internet service and required me to be home for service calls that involved a fuck up in their network. I obliged and stayed home for service calls at great expense to myself. If I don't work I don't get paid. The tech was good and knowledgeable and I had no complaints with him whatsoever. It's the blowback I got from Chad and bainch that led to me cancelling Mediacom internet service. The service calls to my home were not necessary. If Chad or bainch would have just kept me informed until they fixed their fuck up I would have been fine with that. Instead I got no thank you for facilitating and helping. I was more than patient. My issues caused by Mediacom were ongoing for over 6 months. Paying a premium monthly rate for getting jerked around and being told the issues are my fault for buying the wrong modem don't fly with me. I move on when that happens. This is an open forum and I am just passing along my opinions and customer experience. I hope everyone that has Mediacom gets the service they are paying for. If not, they should consider other options like I did. My customer experience with CenturyLink has been outstanding, from both a technical and a customer service standpoint. I am paying less than half of what Mediacom was charging for internet service that exceeds the demands I place on it.

If you've dumped MC and like Century Link great....why bother flaming this forum with your negative comments then? You've made your point...move on.
kmccallister
join:2010-12-04
Moline, IL

2 recommendations

kmccallister to TJFriday

to TJFriday
Figured I would add some comments here even if people don't like it.

I have had mediacom for quite some time, whether it be in my name, a roommates, etc. I personally have never had any major problems with my service from mediacom. I also happen to work in a job that requires me to deal with pretty much every telco/carrier you can imagine in various countries and regions of the US. I have witnessed far worse customer service. The people such as mediacomchad that are here to assist people with issues, always seem to go above and beyond. Everyone should thank them even if you are still having issues beyond their control.

I myself am 100% satisfied with the recent upgrade. I was on the 105/10 package, which I am fine with paying a premium for because I am a very, very heavy user. Since the upgrade and since i switched to a new modem, my speeds never drop below the advertised 150 and are usually in the 165-170 range. No upload bump yet, which i am looking forward to the most.

If you are one of the people with chronic issues, i apologize if i make this seem like you shouldn't be complaining or trying to get help however you can. I simply wanted to add something a little more positive to the recent posts.
wpbear
join:2011-02-17
Cataula, GA

wpbear to TJFriday

to TJFriday
I have been monitoring my speeds before and after the upgraded switch. I haven't gotten the 100/10 I was subscribed to for months. I usually get 50 down and 6 up pretty consistently with a router and 55/6 without the router.

The best test today direct to modem was 70/7.

Checking my usage meter area I am supposed to be getting:

150Mbps Download / 20Mbps Upload
2000 GB monthly usage allowance

I am in Columbus, GA market.

Modem Stats:

Channel ID 1 2 3 4
Frequency 117000000 Hz 123000000 Hz 129000000 Hz 135000000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio 37 dB 37 dB 37 dB 37 dB
Downstream Modulation QAM256 QAM256 QAM256 QAM256
Power Level
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading
2 dBmV 2 dBmV 3 dBmV 2 dBmV

Model Name: SB6121
Vendor Name: Motorola
Firmware Name: SB_KOMODO-1.0.6.13-SCM00-NOSH
Boot Version: PSPU-Boot(25CLK) 1.0.12.18m3
Hardware Version: 5.0
Serial Number:
Firmware Build Time: May 6 2013 17:53:59

Chad if you see this can you check my account/modem. You have my info in past PM.

This post is mostly for public info as I do not think there is anything wrong with my house. If anything there are filters or other issues on the pole(s) at the street level which are causing problems.

Bierboy
join:2008-08-07
East Moline, IL

Bierboy

said by wpbear:

Chad if you see this can you check my account/modem. You have my info in past PM.

This post is mostly for public info as I do not think there is anything wrong with my house. If anything there are filters or other issues on the pole(s) at the street level which are causing problems.

You'll want to PM him again with the info. He gets so many that he loses track, and it helps to send it to him again.
Magnum3667
join:2013-09-02
Navarre, FL

Magnum3667 to Bierboy

to Bierboy
its people like you that give a reason for mediacom to not change what they do or how they treat their customers...between their shady contract changes and their lack of respect to their customers, i wonder how they can stay in business
Clever Name
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Davenport, IA

Clever Name to wpbear

Premium Member

to wpbear
The sb6121 is only capable of 4 bonded channels downstream. No idea if your area has 8 channels downstream yet but it made a difference in my area.

»www.arrisi.com/products/ ··· ?id=1022

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to wpbear

Premium Member

to wpbear
wpbear, as Clever Name suggested, you would want to upgrade your modem. The 6121 only bonds to 4 downstream channels. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

TJFriday
join:2009-06-29
Des Moines, IA

1 recommendation

TJFriday to drslash

to drslash
said by drslash:

If you are referring to me as a joker then I will respond. Mediacom fucked up my internet service and required me to be home for service calls that involved a fuck up in their network. I obliged and stayed home for service calls at great expense to myself. If I don't work I don't get paid. The tech was good and knowledgeable and I had no complaints with him whatsoever. It's the blowback I got from Chad and bainch that led to me cancelling Mediacom internet service. The service calls to my home were not necessary. If Chad or bainch would have just kept me informed until they fixed their fuck up I would have been fine with that. Instead I got no thank you for facilitating and helping. I was more than patient. My issues caused by Mediacom were ongoing for over 6 months. Paying a premium monthly rate for getting jerked around and being told the issues are my fault for buying the wrong modem don't fly with me. I move on when that happens. This is an open forum and I am just passing along my opinions and customer experience. I hope everyone that has Mediacom gets the service they are paying for. If not, they should consider other options like I did. My customer experience with CenturyLink has been outstanding, from both a technical and a customer service standpoint. I am paying less than half of what Mediacom was charging for internet service that exceeds the demands I place on it.

drslash,

I understand your frustration and that you feel wronged by particular members of this forum with regard to previous issues you experienced with your Mediacom service. You have "voted with your dollars" so to speak by moving to CenturyLink and have shared that fact multiple times on this forum in various threads. Your solution meets or exceeds your particular needs and I feel that's great. It's a legit data point to offer others and you want to rally others to your cause. That's totally fine.

However, the vitriolic language of your posts and polarizing nature expressed by your signature make it clear that you're here for stirring the pot, starting off-topic arguments and drama at least on a part-time basis. You have perfectly fair opinions that you are expressing. This is the internet, so all is fair as long as you're within the site's Terms Of Service/Usage interpreted by the discretion of the moderators.

I began this thread and would like to make a request to help regain some focus. You've made your perspective known: you don't like Mediacom anymore because you feel you were personally wronged by a couple of members of the forum. I apologize if that is an oversimplification of your issue. However, I ask that perhaps you reach out to these two members via PM and see if you're able resolve your personal differences. I am asking this on behalf of myself and others here that would like to encourage and promote a constructive discourse here between Mediacom and their customers, present, past and future. When we're experiencing problems, it is natural for us to react with frustration, however, it is really good to see all of the problems that get resolved in this forum, too.

I think there are many of us here that really value the engagement that Mediacom has with their customers here regardless of how we might feel about the quality of the service. Most of us were brought here because we were having a negative experience and have stuck around to help others and engage with Mediacom in a manner that is simply more than paying our monthly bill. Mediacom has made a conscious choice to engage with us here and I, personally, would like to see that continue.

That being said, please continue to give all of us forum members both barrels of the shotgun when you feel we deserve it.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by TJFriday:

said by drslash:

drslash,

I understand your frustration and that you feel wronged by particular members of this forum with regard to previous issues you experienced with your Mediacom service. You have "voted with your dollars" so to speak by moving to CenturyLink and have shared that fact multiple times on this forum in various threads. Your solution meets or exceeds your particular needs and I feel that's great. It's a legit data point to offer others and you want to rally others to your cause. That's totally fine.

However, the vitriolic language of your posts and polarizing nature expressed by your signature make it clear that you're here for stirring the pot, starting off-topic arguments and drama at least on a part-time basis. You have perfectly fair opinions that you are expressing. This is the internet, so all is fair as long as you're within the site's Terms Of Service/Usage interpreted by the discretion of the moderators.

I began this thread and would like to make a request to help regain some focus. You've made your perspective known: you don't like Mediacom anymore because you feel you were personally wronged by a couple of members of the forum. I apologize if that is an oversimplification of your issue. However, I ask that perhaps you reach out to these two members via PM and see if you're able resolve your personal differences. I am asking this on behalf of myself and others here that would like to encourage and promote a constructive discourse here between Mediacom and their customers, present, past and future. When we're experiencing problems, it is natural for us to react with frustration, however, it is really good to see all of the problems that get resolved in this forum, too.

I think there are many of us here that really value the engagement that Mediacom has with their customers here regardless of how we might feel about the quality of the service. Most of us were brought here because we were having a negative experience and have stuck around to help others and engage with Mediacom in a manner that is simply more than paying our monthly bill. Mediacom has made a conscious choice to engage with us here and I, personally, would like to see that continue.

That being said, please continue to give all of us forum members both barrels of the shotgun when you feel we deserve it.

Your personal attacks notwithstanding, I have been helpful in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I will also express my opinions whether they appear to be positive or negative towards Mediacom. I'm not going to go in to my whole history with Mediacom at this point but I will say that I have a long PM log with Chad and bainch. I tried very hard to keep the conversations to PMs. Believe me, I exhausted that avenue. Since I was put in a very difficult spot by Mediacom I felt I could no longer work with them in PMs and decided to take the conversations to the open forum and cancel my service. This is an experience that should be shared with others. This is the type of sharing experience that this forum was designed for. I certainly recognize the help that Chad and bainch are able to give to others in this forum. They are to be commended for their efforts. In my case they failed on several levels. My strongly worded opinions are intended to point out that they are not perfect and can fail. When I, as the customer, go the extra mile to get things working for my service and that in turn helps many others in my same boat I don't expect or deserve to be dissed. I don't think you would be either. As an advanced and knowledgeable customer I was doing things for Mediacom that were not only free for Mediacom but personally cost me over $1000 dollars. Then Mediacom told me to get lost. Chad and bainch assumed they could hide behind PMs on how they treated me. I was a 14 year internet customer and my wife is still a TV services customer and has been since Mediacom entered my market. She will be dropping TV service at some point in the near future.

By contrast, the field tech that came to my home several times recognized my technical knowledge and worked with me. He explained things thoroughly and accepted my feedback. He also imparted to me that he had his own difficulties working up the chain of command in Mediacom. So we had that experience in common.

TJFriday
join:2009-06-29
Des Moines, IA

1 edit

TJFriday

said by drslash:

I have been helpful in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I will also express my opinions whether they appear to be positive or negative towards Mediacom.

Absolutely, yes, you have--and as mentioned previously, this is welcome. But it is possible to be constructive, now?
said by drslash:

This is an experience that should be shared with others.

And you have done so many times in many threads, but to what end? Why? Is it supposed to be a cautionary tale? An attempt to disrupt Mediacom's business? Do you feel you're exposing some necessary truth about members of this forum in an attempt to discredit them? Is it an attempt to preclude others from seeking constructive support through this forum?

I don't doubt that you've had the experience you claim. But, your experience is yours. You've shared it. What are you trying to gain?

It might serve you well to remember that a common element of every problem you've ever experienced in life, including this one, is you.
said by drslash:

My strongly worded opinions are intended to point out that they are not perfect and can fail.

Isn't this clearly illustrated already by Mediacom everyday in the fact that they provide support for issues via telephone and various other means of support including engaging with us here? If Mediacom were perfect and didn't have failures (both technical and human), there would be no need for these support options except to deal with self-inflicted end-user issues that "an advanced and knowledgeable customer" would be able to avoid?
said by drslash:

I was doing things for Mediacom that were not only free for Mediacom but personally cost me over $1000 dollars. Then Mediacom told me to get lost.

So you were a vigilante self-described "advanced and knowledgeable customer" Mediacom subscriber and Mediacom wasn't grateful for your help? Or was there an agreement/contract between you and Mediacom for the services/goods you were providing that was incurring this additional expense voluntarily and you feel you were shorted?
said by drslash:

By contrast, the field tech that came to my home several times recognized my technical knowledge and worked with me. He explained things thoroughly and accepted my feedback.

So after coming to your home several times, because the field tech recognized your technical knowledge and accepted your feedback, you felt respected and the ego of the self-described "advanced and knowledgeable customer" was satisfied? Since the field tech explained things thoroughly, what did you, the "advanced and knowledgeable customer", learn from him that you can share with the rest of us?
said by drslash:

He also imparted to me that he had his own difficulties working up the chain of command in Mediacom. So we had that experience in common.

Are you trying to say that communications difficulties in companies where employees and customers don't feel they're being heard is unusual? I am legitimately surprised that you were surprised by this. And because the field tech and you could relate to this undoubtedly rare experience, you're kindred?

If you are truly any sort of technology expert or "advanced and knowledgeable customer", you've likely experienced when you should assert your vast technical prowess and when you should let mistakes happen to further the cause of learning for those that are doing the work of providing support.

I'd hazard to guess by what you've shown us here that you wouldn't welcome any of us trying to tell you how to conduct yourself or your business and call you out as I just did in this post, which I apologize for doing so, for what it's worth. I am a hypocrite and have had to make very similar mistakes to learn and not be so much of the jerk I have the capacity to be. I don't expect you to take kindly to this post, but I hope you can at least see some of the differences in perspective that others can have in how you've related your behavior here in this forum.

I am sorry that you didn't feel like you've been respected through any of this experience that you had with Mediacom. I hope you can patch things up and get past feeling insulted and disrespected. I do like many of your posts here and I know that you do help others. I can see that mutual respect and acknowledgement was all you were looking for in trying to help them and I can also understand why you're disappointed.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by TJFriday:

said by drslash:

I have been helpful in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I will also express my opinions whether they appear to be positive or negative towards Mediacom.

Absolutely, yes, you have--and as mentioned previously, this is welcome. But it is possible to be constructive, now?
said by drslash:

This is an experience that should be shared with others.

And you have done so many times in many threads, but to what end? Why? Is it supposed to be a cautionary tale? An attempt to disrupt Mediacom's business? Do you feel you're exposing some necessary truth about members of this forum in an attempt to discredit them? Is it an attempt to preclude others from seeking constructive support through this forum?

I don't doubt that you've had the experience you claim. But, your experience is yours. You've shared it. What are you trying to gain?

It might serve you well to remember that a common element of every problem you've ever experienced in life, including this one, is you.
said by drslash:

My strongly worded opinions are intended to point out that they are not perfect and can fail.

Isn't this clearly illustrated already by Mediacom everyday in the fact that they provide support for issues via telephone and various other means of support including engaging with us here? If Mediacom were perfect and didn't have failures (both technical and human), there would be no need for these support options except to deal with self-inflicted end-user issues that "an advanced and knowledgeable customer" would be able to avoid?
said by drslash:

I was doing things for Mediacom that were not only free for Mediacom but personally cost me over $1000 dollars. Then Mediacom told me to get lost.

So you were a vigilante self-described "advanced and knowledgeable customer" Mediacom subscriber and Mediacom wasn't grateful for your help? Or was there an agreement/contract between you and Mediacom for the services/goods you were providing that was incurring this additional expense voluntarily and you feel you were shorted?
said by drslash:

By contrast, the field tech that came to my home several times recognized my technical knowledge and worked with me. He explained things thoroughly and accepted my feedback.

So after coming to your home several times, because the field tech recognized your technical knowledge and accepted your feedback, you felt respected and the ego of the self-described "advanced and knowledgeable customer" was satisfied? Since the field tech explained things thoroughly, what did you, the "advanced and knowledgeable customer", learn from him that you can share with the rest of us?
said by drslash:

He also imparted to me that he had his own difficulties working up the chain of command in Mediacom. So we had that experience in common.

Are you trying to say that communications difficulties in companies where employees and customers don't feel they're being heard is unusual? I am legitimately surprised that you were surprised by this. And because the field tech and you could relate to this undoubtedly rare experience, you're kindred?

If you are truly any sort of technology expert or "advanced and knowledgeable customer", you've likely experienced when you should assert your vast technical prowess and when you should let mistakes happen to further the cause of learning for those that are doing the work of providing support.

I'd hazard to guess by what you've shown us here that you wouldn't welcome any of us trying to tell you how to conduct yourself or your business and call you out as I just did in this post, which I apologize for doing so, for what it's worth. I am a hypocrite and have had to make very similar mistakes to learn and not be so much of the jerk I have the capacity to be. I don't expect you to take kindly to this post, but I hope you can at least see some of the differences in perspective that others can have in how you've related your behavior here in this forum.

I am sorry that you didn't feel like you've been respected through any of this experience that you had with Mediacom. I hope you can patch things up and get past feeling insulted and disrespected. I do like many of your posts here and I know that you do help others. I can see that mutual respect and acknowledgement was all you were looking for in trying to help them and I can also understand why you're disappointed.

You have succeeded in your quest to get me to stop responding in this topic. I won't have a discussion with you because you are being unreasonable and implying many things about my experience and my self, including my ego, whether I feel insulted, that I am a vigilante, overstating my own view of my customer expertise, projecting your own jerkiness on to me, assuming surprise on my part where none existed. You have taken this to a personal level and I have not done this with you. I haven't made personal attacks on Chad or bainch. I have only attacked their support methods and support behaviors.

As I said, your well crafted response to me and personal attacks has stopped me in my tracks, just as you desire. Your apology is not accepted. Carry on.
wpbear
join:2011-02-17
Cataula, GA

wpbear to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

wpbear, as Clever Name suggested, you would want to upgrade your modem. The 6121 only bonds to 4 downstream channels. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Shouldn't I be getting about 100 down, with the 4 channels I have now though?
Does my area support 8 channels at this time? If so I will buy a new modem. Will a DPC3010 work?

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude

My DPC3008 is an 8/4 channel modem, and I'm only bonded on 4 channels currently, and I'm seeing my full 100Mbps download most of the time, but YMMV. If your location has more than 4 down channels you will need a new modem to utilize them, especially if you want to take advantage of a higher speed.
Magnum3667
Navarre, FL

Magnum3667 to TJFriday

to TJFriday
just a heads up....whoever makes the emails sent out to customers probably should proof read the email before sending it.....I just got one saying that the Prime internet service is going up to 50mb download which unless something changed isnt true

tiredofmc
@173.21.122.x

tiredofmc

Anon

Stuff like this is why Mediacom is rated best when it comes to customer service:

Yesterday we sent out an email communication discussing several of our recent product and service updates. In the communication, we indicated that our Prime Internet download speeds were increasing to 50 Mbps. This is an incorrect statement. The email should have stated that our Prime Plus Internet download speeds are increasing to 50 Mbps. Prime Internet download speeds will remain at 15 Mbps. Please accept our sincere apologies for our mistake, and for any confusion this may have caused regarding your service download speeds.

Sincerely,

Mediacom Customer Service
tiredofmc

tiredofmc

Anon

Sorry, just a second ago I said they were rated best. That was a mistake. They were rated worst: »www.consumerreports.org/ ··· ndex.htm

Sincerely,

Tired of Mediacom
Magnum3667
Navarre, FL

1 recommendation

Magnum3667

ofcorse it was a "mistake" mediacom doesnt care about the people that cant pay them a ton of money each month