spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Khal26
@174.95.13.x

Khal26

Anon

[Internet] Sympatico Mail Still Exist After Account Termination

I cancelled my account with Sympatico about 2 months ago.
Till today, I still can logon to my email account and see that some emails are still coming into this account.

Did they forget to delete my email account or something?
Not that I really care, just curious.

Thanks.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Consider yourself lucky... Most people would kill for this, many want to switch away from Bell (or other ISP) but can't because they've been bound to ISP mail for a decade or more.
kyphos
join:2014-03-26
Ottawa, ON

kyphos to Khal26

to Khal26
Yes - you are indeed very lucky. I canceled my Rogers account on April 7. They assured me that my rogers.com e-mail would keep working for one month, until May 9. Without notice, on April 10 they terminated my e-mail account. Accounts, actually, since a number of my family members had rogers.com addresses too. We couldn't log in, and all incoming email bounced back to the sender with "no such account" error message.
Khal
join:2014-01-19
Richmond Hill, ON

Khal

Actually, I transferred all my emails to Google sometime ago.
I just amuse myself by checking my Sympatico email every now and then.

The funny part is, they were supposed to send me a box so that I can return their modem.

This never happened.
Efficiency at it's best.
ings
Premium Member
join:2004-12-22
Toronto, ON

ings to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

they've been bound to ISP mail for a decade or more

That would be me - I was at Sympatico from 1996 until two weeks ago, using a Sympatico email address. (In 1996 you pretty much had to use your ISP's email address.)

Notifying your contacts of your new email address is of course trivial. What's painful is revising all the Web sites that use your email address as the userid. Which in the case of my wife and myself, was about 150 logins to revise (ouch!)
ings

ings to Khal

Premium Member

to Khal
said by Khal:

The funny part is, they were supposed to send me a box so that I can return their modem.

They sent me a letter with a prepaid shipping label. I was to supply my own box (which I did). You may wish to recheck your snail mail for a letter, in case they charge you $75 for non return.

BingoRingo
join:2010-03-29
Gatineau, QC

BingoRingo to Khal26

to Khal26
If you really want to be future proof, buy a domain name and get your own email address. There are free email "hosts" such as Zoho, or often there will be one provided by your domain company (e.g GoDaddy, etc.) but you may be limited to one or just a few email addresses though.

The tough part is to get a relevant domain name that is not already taken.

polbox
join:2002-05-28
Mississauga, ON

polbox to Khal26

to Khal26
I still have my rogers mail from 2011