All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon to CanadianISP

to CanadianISP

Re: CanadianISP targeted by Blogspot user. (You can guess who)

I feel like this is an Episode of Young and the Restless or something..

I can't believe this "adult" as he calls himself is so invested in you.. I mean all you did was remove his URL from your own website. A website you own and operate.

Talk about emotional attachment to you, your business, and everything else you do.

I bet he has a pillow with your picture ironed on it, and asks it why you removed his link every night. Is this the only way he survived? by scamming innocent people for money?

CanadianISP i truly believe you have a Valentines Crush Year Round... I bet the contest he was running was rigged so you could win the prize :P

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

One of his earlier outfits ... »www.bbb.org/kitchener/bu ··· -1247277

....It says it renamed itself to Western Communications ... which gets lost in the noise of the genuine version in the Dakotas! ....

Yes, John MacArthur-Bankes likes choosing names for his SCAM ISP companies which sound similar to other [though] legitimate existing companies.

When I did my research regarding his last known [to us at least] scam known as WestLink, I found one or two other companies, with a different web TLD and/or a slightly different name, which I believe to have been in the USA, IIRC.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to CanadianISP

to CanadianISP
said by CanadianISP:

Honestly, the "pedophile" accusation is one of the most childish retorts on the 'net for, well, anything. It is trivially easy to prove true - which he can not - as are accusations of criminal conviction - again, which he has never shown any evidence whatsoever.

The rare times I get people asking about these rants, I only have one response to them: "Go and actually _read_ some of the rants, then come back and tell me if you think they're valid or even possible" - To date, _every single person_ has come back after reading them and sheepishly admitted they jumped the gun.

You know there is such a thing as criminal libel. You can go to the police or Crown and demand he be charged or if they won't to a JP and lay a private information.

»www.lawtimesnews.com/201 ··· l-charge

»en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ca ··· ry_Libel
CanadianISP
Premium Member
join:2008-04-09
Pembroke, ON

CanadianISP to LastDon

Premium Member

to LastDon
Well, he can idolize me/worship me all he wants: My wife is a _lot_ better looking - and nicer - than he'll ever be

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

2 recommendations

Davesnothere to CanadianISP

Premium Member

to CanadianISP
said by CanadianISP:

....John: Give it up. Since I now know you will not be filing any lawsuits: Guess what: I can tie you to each and every one of the five past "ISP"s that were outed for scams - You know I can, because I archive everything. This is why there was never going to be a lawsuit: I can prove you were Cable Gator, I can prove your were JCN, I can prove you were Westlink - and I can prove you were a couple more, too. You know this. I know this.

And consider this official notice: Do not ever list one of your "businesses" on my site, again. Your blogspot page just removed any and all chance of me giving you the benefit of the doubt in the future, which I have done for each and every one of your "ISP"s.

The femtosecond I know a listing is from you, it's deleted.

And that is my right.

Now THAT's the way that a BOFH should behave !

You have played 'nice guy' for too long.
Davesnothere

1 edit

Davesnothere to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

This is full-blown defamation.

At the very least you should contact blogspot to get it removed.

MY first reaction was to wonder about that too.

I realize that this is all an automated process, and I may be thinking simplistically to even ask, but why does Blogspot allow one person to set up and maintain a blog in another person's name, regardless of what they may write in it ?

And what happens if Marc may now wish to set up a blog there of his OWN ?

What would he be allowed to CALL it ?

How would we/they differentiate between the two ?
CanadianISP
Premium Member
Pembroke, ON

CanadianISP to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
Indeed I have - I have endured people accusing me of being "in bed with" scam ISPs or whatnot - and I can accept that, when _I_ know what I am doing is in the name of fairness: I gave John and each of his companies every chance to be on the up and up, including the fact that _every single one of his companies_ that I deleted from CanadianISP were due to sources _far more authoritative_ than just some users in a form complaining about him.

As I have said to others who have asked "Why? " it is because of fairness: If I removed an ISP solely on the basis of people in forums complaining about them, what's to stop a few people complaining about Teksavvy, or Switchworks, or Bell Canada and then me removing them ?

No, I took the accusations of "siding with the bad guys" until I knew that removing them really was the right thing to do.

He, by posting the blogspot trash that he did, really did earn BOFH treatment from me: And that is exactly what he will receive from me, from this point until the heat death of the universe.

rogersmogers
@108.170.167.x

rogersmogers to CanadianISP

Anon

to CanadianISP
Wow how have you not sent a team of a lawyers to find these tools and sue them for everything they have.
CanadianISP
Premium Member
Pembroke, ON

CanadianISP to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere

said by Davesnothere See Profile
And what happens if Marc wants to set up a blog there himself ?

How would we/they differentiate between the two ?

:

Meh. It's all about context. I have a couple of blogspot accounts, as well as other sites/repositories, but really, they're repeats of most of the content you'll find on CanadianISP (so I won't waste your time with links) - Really: You tell by the content. I write about doing business on the 'net. I write about dealing with customers. I write about running a business or dealing with customers as well as the mass psychology of marketing to the masses.

About the only "goofy" public content I do is on the CanadianISP Facebook page, and even that is limited to the occasional snarky comment above a linked news article

Believe me: I have endured far, _far_ worse than John Bankes: He is a rank amateur when it comes to Google Bombing. Given I am published in well over two dozen countries, linked to by literally _thousands_ of websites, from personal to federal government websites, I'm not really worried about someone misinterpreting his grade-school trash for my own writings

(I apologize if that sounded rather snobby, but it's the simple truth)

-Marc

CanadianISP

1 recommendation

CanadianISP to rogersmogers

Premium Member

to rogersmogers
said by rogersmogers :

Wow how have you not sent a team of a lawyers to find these tools and sue them for everything they have.

1] Because "everything they have" probably consists of a mobile home and a laptop from 1998
2] My money is far better spent on video games and DeWalt power tools

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere to donkey77

Premium Member

to donkey77
said by donkey77:

Guess his free trial ran out!

That's OK.

It's time for his NOT-free trials to begin.

YOU know, the ones for criminal libel and for fraud....
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
said by sbrook:

One of his earlier outfits ... »www.bbb.org/kitchener/bu ··· -1247277 ....

Note that he could not even spell the name of HIS OWN 'Business' properly.

Smart Connect Internet Soltuions

And this error shows up multiple times on the page, as BBB generates their page template from the originally contributed info.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

He's the creative genius behind numerous successful Canadian ISPs and extremely busy. Spell-check is left to his minions.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by peterboro:

....Spell-check is left to his minions.

Yes, but now for the REALLY important issues, such as :

Who shot J.R. ?

Hows the weather at Ormond Beach ?

and

What happened to our buddy CableGuy, who blew the whistle on JCN ?

I hope he didn't get whacked.
peterboro (banned)
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

I left Ormond Beach after bike week and I haven't figured out how to set my home as Peterborough again. Life is hard.

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

It's part of your signature.

There is a signature link inside of the editing screen.

Edit your own post, but follow that other link rather than posting.

You will see where on the next screen.

Make your changes and then click the Update button.

Then backpage out of there.

(You can also reach that page thru the menu tree, but I forget how, and this way works fine.)

Jackorama
I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Jackorama to CanadianISP

Premium Member

to CanadianISP
I've been reading this saga since it first started and it's been quite a chuckle. But, in all seriousness with this guys childishness aside, he seems to be a quite unhinged individual. I would hope he doesn't have the intelligence to actually find out your up to date info (like where you live, etc.) or hire someone who does know what they are doing. This guy sounds to me to be living in Wacko County and I wouldn't trust a person like that to be stable, more like a bonafide crazy starker.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Davesnothere

Premium Member

to Davesnothere
said by Davesnothere:

said by sbrook:

One of his earlier outfits ... »www.bbb.org/kitchener/bu ··· -1247277 ....

Note that he could not even spell the name of HIS OWN 'Business' properly.

Smart Connect Internet Soltuions

And this error shows up multiple times on the page, as BBB generates their page template from the originally contributed info.

Not only he is a scammer, but he's illiterate too.

JCN_LOL
@72.38.202.x

JCN_LOL to CanadianISP

Anon

to CanadianISP
I would really love to see DSLR send a formal report to Rogers and get John-Jason MacArthur-Bankes-Benson's connection cut off. We have his IP address, and proof of his abusive and scamming behaviours.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

As much as you might ... it's unlikely to happen.

Alittlegreen
join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to CanadianISP

to CanadianISP
I sure hope those arent he real names of your kids that he posted there.
CanadianISP
Premium Member
Pembroke, ON

CanadianISP

Premium Member

Yes, they are.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to CanadianISP

Premium Member

to CanadianISP
I bet it's Valley Vendor out to get you.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook to CanadianISP

Mod

to CanadianISP
I just noticed that in JB's recent updated rant aimed at Marc on Blogspot a reference to the infamous usenet poster who interestingly shared initials with our

Jason Benson
John Bankes

This usenet poster was famous for his rants and the insistence on putting a copyright notice on every email and usenet posting.
CanadianISP
Premium Member
Pembroke, ON

CanadianISP to rodjames

Premium Member

to rodjames
said by rodjames:

I bet it's Valley Vendor out to get you.

That would honestly surprise me, since I've spoken to their owners in the past - I won't say I have a relationship - good or bad - with them, but they seem like decent enough folk. The Pennypinchernewspaper site I am affiliated with also has _nothing_ to do with the printed paper in the Valley, either (That's a whole different soap opera that isn't appropriate for DSLR )
CanadianISP

CanadianISP to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook
Re: JB - or, as we say in Usenet: "He who shall not be named" - No one's heard from him in years - that's a good thing
On that particular individual: Let sleeping dogs lie - it's good for everyone, all around

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Ain't that the truth! He who should not be named was based in TO, where our perp here seems to have most of his ties to B-C-K-W and Richibucto-Moncton areas.
DALarose
join:2003-03-07
CANADA

DALarose to HiVolt

to HiVolt
Blogspot aka Google doesn't care. They will not enforce their own Terms of Service. They fully support abuse, as in the past year they have removed the Originating IP from various products in order to support the abusers.

rodjames
Premium Member
join:2010-06-19

rodjames to CanadianISP

Premium Member

to CanadianISP
That was just a joke, I remember reading VV and thinking "This guy is a total crackpot"

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to CanadianISP

Premium Member

to CanadianISP
Did you see what the lies he Wrote about DSLR? He earned the BOFH treatment from that & his scams.