spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rsriram22
join:2006-08-14
Lexington, KY

rsriram22

[Asterisk] sip show registry is empty but sip show peers has 1 client

when i do sip show peers, i have one client connected (with OK status) and when i do a sip show registry, it has 0 sip registrations. what gives?

i have NAT enabled and can make outbound calls from the SIP client, but incoming calls do not work..

Thanks
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

sip show registry lists the peers that you have registered to, not the other way around. If your client can't receive calls and its status is OK, either the router it's behind has closed its NAT hole, or your dial plan isn't correctly routing the call to your device.

If you do core set verbose 10 and do a test call, what happens?

m.
rsriram22
Lexington, KY

rsriram22

Edit: I believe the NAT logic may be correct. I am at work now and perhaps the router at work has the NAT messed up/closed out. Will try it at home later and see what happens.

I get this:

== Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
-- Auto fallthrough, channel '' status is 'CHANUNAVAIL'
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

If you like, test immediately after registration (before the NAT hole has a chance to close) to confirm that guess.
rsriram22
Lexington, KY

rsriram22

it works today, weirdly.. didnt have to change anything. is there a flag that i can set to tell asterisk to ignore the registry and continue to ring regardless of my SIP client being connected or not until the timeout specified in the DialPlan? (for eg. 20 seconds in the following plan)

exten => s,1,Dial(SIP,1234,20)

thanks @Mango for your guidance - really appreciate it.