uniqs

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to IPPlanMan

Premium Member

to IPPlanMan

Re: Still no LTE officially launched in DC...

said by IPPlanMan:

Sensorly "splotches" don't cut it. They really don't.

Doesnt cut it for what? To show that LTE is in fact live in an area? In that case, yes it does. Sensorly only shows where people with sensorly have actually traveled. The area around the block which may have no color doesnt mean there is no LTE, it could mean that a person just didnt walk or drive by that area to be mapped.
said by IPPlanMan:

They might, but not enough to consider it officially "launched" here..

You have no idea how far along the LTE work is. You apparently dont even have a sprint phone and i dont live there so we use the limited mapping of sensorly to simply show that LTE is in fact operating in DC. The however many Sprint LTE users in DC right now also dont care about a stupid press release either. They will use the service just fine and just let the phone tell them it is active. I was using LTE in my tiny town for several months before sprint told me it was active. You prefer a big wall of PR text..i just use the actual service.

IPPlanMan
Holy Cable Modem Batman
join:2000-09-20
Washington, DC

2 edits

IPPlanMan

You say "apparently don't", but you're wrong. I am a user and a stockholder.

I understand what Sensorly is. I do live here and I do know how far along it is, between the S4GRU reports and my own experience.
»s4gru.com/index.php?/top ··· ?p=22132

Washington DC
NV Sites Accepted = 83%
LTE Sites Accepted = 47%
Anticipated LTE Launch = Spring 2014
Original Scheduled Completion = January 2013
Current Production Rate Completion = October 2014

LTE is operating here in DC, but it's not deployed sufficiently enough to be considered officially launched. After all this time and delay, that's ridiculous. I want a release/notification when it officially launches. Sprint is the only carrier without officially launched LTE here. Verizon, AT&T and T-mobile have it

What's your beef with that?

KevNYC
Premium Member
join:2002-03-31
Seattle, WA

KevNYC to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
I learned that Sensorly is pretty useless for researching Sprint coverage. I used it in Seattle to try and find LTE coverage and it showed coverage for areas that were lacking even 3G. It mapped out locations that were broadcasting LTE signals, but the site wasn't live yet...therefore no data.

Then I got tired of waiting and did what I should have years ago...dumped Sprint.