All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kdawg5
join:2014-04-29
Canada

kdawg5

[Internet] Intermittent Internet Signal. Help!

I came across this forum looking for information on my problem and it seems I am not the only one!

I live in Fredericton, NB and I have Rogers High Speed 30/10. Ever since it was installed on 2 April my internet signal has been dropping every 15-20min, just enough to cause mayhem on any websurfing or online gaming. I lose internet but I stay connected to the Router. This happens to both wired and wireless devices all at the same time.

Current setup: Hitron CGN3 Router sitting in my living room, on a 2-way splitter with my HD PVR NextBox 2.0.

I've had a technician come out once already and another is coming tomorrow. The first guy boosted my signal and replaced my modem and there has been no difference. As the tech was packing his tools he watched my signal drop but couldnt figure out what was going on.

I am hoping this is where this community can step in to assist. What suggestions can i make to the tech coming tomorrow? Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot myself before he shows up? I am above average in networking skills but some things are just above my head so bear with me if i have to ask you to clarify things.
kdawg5

kdawg5

Came across this too:

»[Modem/Router] Internet Problems....
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me to kdawg5

to kdawg5
Post your modem signal levels. I'd say post them after a fresh reboot, get them again when it drops. (if they're different).
kdawg5
Canada

kdawg5

Hpw do i post the signa levels both before and during?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

In your web browser surf to 192.168.100.1 ... you'll see the web interface ... one of the tabs will take you to signal levels.
kdawg5
Canada

kdawg5

Okay,

So the Tech came by my place and first thing he said is that it is a known issue. I dont know why i didn't try this before, but we switched the router into Bridge Mode and hooked up my own personal Linksys EA4500. Since then (about an hour now) I havent lost connection and my speeds are the same as before. Don't want to jinx anything but so far so good.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

I didn't realize that you were on the CGN3.. there is a big ongoing forum here at DSL reports that you could browse. You may still have some problems. DSL reports members have been tracking their results and findings since day one of the Cgn3.
kdawg5
Canada

kdawg5

Yeah I was reading up on the CGN3 here in the forum. Seems like Bridge mode for most people slows down significantly after a while. So far so good for me. Going on 24 hours.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

We think the latest firmware fixed the big problems with bridge mode reliability. Most users are reporting positive results. Good to know we finally got it somewhat sorted out!