Search similar:

uniqs

mags2
Agent Provocateur
join:2001-07-19
SoCal

mags2

Very Sly

So basically, as long as Brilliant buried the presence of this P2P stealth network in Kazaa's TOS, it is A-OK to do what they did...implant an application into everyone's system that may or may not cause system resource issues most likely w/o their knowledge or conscious consent. Let's see a show of hands... Anyone else as happy with this news as the CEO of Brilliant is? You don't mind handing over a few cycles of your pc to process another company's "computing tasks" do you?

iamchas
join:2001-12-06
Antioch, IL

iamchas

In the article he referred to the word 'opt-in'. Run away! Run away! This doesn't bode well. And I hate it when things don't bode well.
BridgeTapBob
join:2002-03-26
Indianapolis, IN

BridgeTapBob to mags2

to mags2
Ya know...if only they had the courage to run literacy ads....imagine the chaos then.

mags2
Agent Provocateur
join:2001-07-19
SoCal

mags2

said by BridgeTapBob:
Ya know...if only they had the courage to run literacy ads....imagine the chaos then.

If I'm understanding you correctly by literacy ads I'm assuming you mean pc literacy ads? As in if people actually understood the intracacies of their computers then perhaps the widespread ignorance of spyware/trojans/virii would be a thing of the past?
BridgeTapBob
Indianapolis, IN

BridgeTapBob

Wouldnt that be grand? Where is the petition? I want to sign up.
FauxReal
join:2001-12-11
Portland, OR

FauxReal to mags2

to mags2
WOW

Now imagine if a company did this to use your computer for distributed computing for something like. Cracking the human genome.. and then they pantented most or the whole of the DNA (wich has allways existed its not like they MADE it). And then they invent drugs and therapies that they also pantent and charge ridiculous amounts of money YOU to use them while lying in your deathbed.
BridgeTapBob
Indianapolis, IN

BridgeTapBob

Sodium Penathol is my vote for deathbed drugs. When im dying give me an injection. I wanna die like Lassie!!

metaliczombie69
@optonline.net

metaliczombie69 to BridgeTapBob

Anon

to BridgeTapBob
Sign up for wha? I don't get it Who want what? I'll sing up for annythang fer compudors. I like dem so berry mucc.