spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JDookie
join:2005-04-29
New Orleans, LA

JDookie

[LA] Slow speeds - Connection check request

I am an Ultimate tier subscriber, and am struggling lately just to reach 100Mbps download speeds via speedtest.net. I am also seeing a slight drop in signal levels as well with an average of around -8 and SNR around 35 or 36. Upstream power seems to be steady at 45 or 46, depending on the channel.

Is there any Cox tech that would be willing to check my connection via Cox's end? I've sent an IM to LAHSIhelp, but I see that he hasn't been on the forum for almost three weeks.
Sgover
join:2012-07-07
Fayetteville, AR

Sgover

Send an IM to Coxtech1, I've always had good help from that user.
mkenny28
join:2013-04-08
New Orleans, LA

mkenny28 to JDookie

to JDookie
I am having the same issues. Seems to happen to me between 6PM and Midnight during the week. I get around 185mbps in the morning but by 6 or so it is down to 120 Mbps and gradually decreases. Sometimes unplugging my modem for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in at least gets me back around 120 Mbps. Other times it makes it worse and I drop down to Premier Tier speeds.

jchambers28
Premium Member
join:2007-05-12
Peculiar, MO

jchambers28

Premium Member

same to me cant get no awnsers at all
JDookie
join:2005-04-29
New Orleans, LA

JDookie

I think I've found the problem, and even though my Cox signals are borderline terrible, my speed issue is with my router, and not Cox. When I removed my router from the equation and connected directly to the modem, I get rock solid 180Mbps download speeds, but as soon as I reconnect the router, download speeds drops to 165-170Mbps max.

The router I'm using is a Netgear R7000 which is *supposed* to be one of the best on the market right now. I contacted Netgear and they have no answer for the issue. All they are saying is return it to the store I bought it from and buy a new one........yes, that was the agent's own words.

Something else I am noticing, which doesn't really have anything to do with my router situation is latency being slower than it used to be, and I don't just mean at my home. I've run speed tests at several various locations throughout the city (family's houses, work, etc.), and I remember latency for hard wired ethernet connections being around 15-17ms range. Well, everywhere I check seems to be in the 25-35ms range now. Has Cox's latency become slower across the board??