»www.king5.com/news/local ··· 261.html

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

So what is this May Day here for? Frankly I have never lived in a city where they 'celebrate' May Day. And the only May Day celebrations I can think of have to do with the USSR and such.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

In seattle it draws both Organized Labor/ immigration reformers (what May day represents internationally.
And Organized Anarchist's (the Original OxyMorons ) wanting to relive the 1999 WTO riot. (And just have some "good" clean fun breaking stuff and assaulting peaceful marchers, police, and any one else in their path)

A sad smear on an otherwise well meant demonstration.
This are the same people disrupting Uber drivers early this week (I don't really favor Uber's business practices, but take it out on the company, not the drivers.)

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
Apparently in Oregon we're going to celebrate it with record-breaking temperatures! (See what I did there? )

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

It's usually good weather, a nice torrential rain storm would keep the teargas down.
said by darcilicious:

See what I did there?

Yes! Yes I did!

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
said by tshirt:

This are the same people disrupting Uber drivers early this week

I had not heard of Uber before---had to look it up.
said by tshirt:

1999 WTO riot

I remember that. I wasn't here for it but several of my coworkers in the DSS (Diplomatic Security Service) were. Many of them were itching for a go at the protesters. I remembered thinking that Seattle PD should have taken lessons from MPD (Wash DC) on how to deal with protesters. I always had fun watching the news reports of MPD vs protesters.

Skipdawg
The Original

join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA

Skipdawg to tshirt

to tshirt
Yea it use to get interesting down there. From 1988 to 1999 I lived in the Skyway area, Greenwood and Greenlake area's of Seattle. Would go down town and watch from a distance.
Hope it dose not get to crazy today. So nice outside would be a shame to mess up folks day with all the BS.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

News from the front
»www.komonews.com/news/lo ··· 841.html

»www.king5.com/news/citie ··· 691.html

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Glad I don't have to deal with that mess.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

darcilicious to tshirt

Premium Member

to tshirt
A co-worker shared this today:

Hurray hurray, it's the first of May!
Outdoor screwing starts today!

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

1 recommendation

tshirt

Premium Member

Use sunscreen
tshirt

tshirt to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
The sad thing is the immigration movement brings out all sort of cool ethnic custom and culture that is great for your kids to see, and the workers day/labor movement reminds you not just of local history »www.historylink.org/inde ··· _id=9981 but why organization changed the work place (you wouldn't have weekends, health care, vacation or any other benefit without them) But a few choose to ruin the community/festival spirit year after year.
tshirt

tshirt

Premium Member

Well fortunately they turned out to be fairly wimpy and confused (got read the map before you get here) this year, without too many problems.

Skipdawg
The Original

join:2001-04-19
Mount Vernon, WA

Skipdawg to tshirt

to tshirt
Yea looked rather disorganized this year. Fine with me. Marching is OK with me but destructive actions is just stupid to me. Only proves a person is a idiot in my book.