All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TuxRaiderPen2
Make America Great Again
join:2009-09-19

TuxRaiderPen2

Why? But that works for me! direccrtap and the deathstar deserve each other!

Why? But that works for me! directcrap and the deathstar deserve each other!!!!

So long as they STAY AWAY FROM MY Dish! ! ! Best DBS service around! Now if they would drop all the SD dupes, all the PPV, all the sporturdage, it could improve a lot more! As well as the stupid LiL nonsense. CBS, FOX, CW, ABC can send them a national E/W feed to uplink. Those who want all the sporturdage can go to direcrapcon who wants all that.

Direcrapcon, well should speak volumes on my opinion.

Not really sure what this gets crApTT, but it works for me! Two horirble companies merge to make one huge crappy company! They still have a long way to go to match commiecrap. I hoping that maybe the sliver of that would revert to the TW shell corp even though its not listed in the Swapco transaction.. it really makes no sense to keep it as an island... but companies do far more stupid things daily....
BiggA
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

DirecTV is far better than DISH. DISH is basically a joke in my neck of the woods, they have been in carriage disputes with our sports channels for years, so they don't even compete. Now that the NCAA National Champion UConn Huskies have been on SNY for 2 years, which DISH doesn't carry, DISH must have bled off the part of CT that they didn't already lose due to their decade or longer carriage spat with YES network. Also, their PQ sucks, their equipment isn't as good as DirecTV, and their local selection isn't as good in many markets.

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

The technology is good (DVB), but they over-compress the crap out of it. If they used a little higher bitrate, the video quality would be comparable (or higher) than DTV.

Also, does Dish allow a Conditional Access Module coupled with a DVB-S receiver card for home-built DVR's? If so, it would be quite tempting.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT

BiggA

Premium Member

Neither provider allows any outside equipment. They aren't open systems like cable is.

TuxRaiderPen2
Make America Great Again
join:2009-09-19

TuxRaiderPen2 to BiggA

to BiggA
quote:
DirecTV is far better than DISH. DISH is basically a joke in my neck of the woods, they have been in carriage disputes with our sports channels for years, so they don't even compete. Now that the NCAA National Champion UConn Huskies have been on SNY for 2 years, which DISH doesn't carry, DISH must have bled off the part of CT that they didn't already lose due to their decade or longer carriage spat with YES network.and their local selection isn't as good in many markets.
Not one bit of that matters to me.

Don't watch sports,

The LiL nonsense is just that, nonsense. I dropped all locals as my ABC, CBS, FOX shows come from a better source, matter of fact nearly 90%+ comes from a far better source.

They can argue all they want. I don't care, drop them all! As well as all the sportscrap.

I am close to dropping it even further from the AEP I started with, to something that doesn't include a subsidy to any sportsturdage.

PQ and equipment , not a chance, Dish rules. I can watch my receiver on my Droid device via the sling mode in the 722. Works great. Picture is great, on 50" Samsung, mt 32 Vizio, my 22" no names, and my Droid device.
quote:
does Dish allow a Conditional Access Module coupled with a DVB-S receiver card for home-built DVR's? If so, it would be quite tempting.
direcrap nor Dish allows that. I wish they would as I would probably look at that, but my current mode allows me watch with less effort, ie I don't have to lift a finger to ignore the ads, as they are gone to start.
BiggA
Premium Member
Central CT
·Frontier FiberOp..
Asus RT-AC68

BiggA

Premium Member

DirecTV's PQ is better than DISH. That's well known and well documented. DISH might be good enough for your use, but it's not as good as DirecTV, there's just no two ways about it. The interface of the boxes is subjective, but DISH's gear can't scale up to as many rooms or tuners as DirecTV's.

You're obviously rather disconnected from reality based on your signature, so I'm not surprised that you're also disconnected from reality about satellite TV.