uniqs
robertf390
join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY

1 edit

robertf390

Sports Pak Outage - VHO-5 (NY)

Hi:

I subscribe to the Ultimate Package which includes the Sports Pak - today, I'm receiving the splash screen telling me I need to subscribe - only problem is it won't let me (we have been through this before several times). I called the number for tech - spent 1 hour 45 minutes on the phone with both tech and customer service making sure everything on their end is ok which they say it is. Still not receiving all of the channels (only three from sports oak come in) -

Just wondering, is anyone else having issues with this - they told me there is no system issue they are aware of -

thanks

edit: Just was corrected at 3:45 - received a call back from Verizon - appears this was a local area issue.
VicHighway
join:2002-11-13
Hopedale, MA

VicHighway

I'm in MA (VHO6) and this happened to us as well. When my sister called VZ, they said that the Sports Pak is no longer part of the Ultimate Package, at least for new customers. They were "happy" to reinstate the Sports Pak on our account "for free". We're under a contract for the Ultimate Bundle, so wouldn't VZ changing the package be considered a breach of contract? Any way, they said it would take up to 24 hours to reinstate the Sports Pak. Too bad that will be too late for my sister to watch the pre-Kentucky Derby races on HRTV.
robertf390
Nesconset, NY

robertf390

I really do not understand why Verizon has to keep playing games with this reinstating of a package that is "supposed" to be included in a package. I wasted a lot of time today on this because the system wouldn't allow me to subscribe for what I already had.

They raised my rates a lot this year when renewing and I personally am getting tired of this b.s.

I work on Wall Street and am a shareholder of Verizon - I contacted our tech analyst who follows Verizon and let him know of my "experiences" - he is setting up a call with someone from senior management to discuss - time to end the games.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

1 recommendation

jimboe to robertf390

to robertf390
Also VHO5, *exact* same prob now & for the past 3 years. Really a disgrace to have to go thru this every fucking year.

Fix this shit already Verizon!

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to robertf390

to robertf390
if you just upgraded it will take a few hours/days to show up on your box, after that it should have an a new image that says "this is included in your package press to activate"

i had to do that for certain channels on my new box

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

1 edit

icemannyr1

Same thing on VH07. The Sports Pass HD channels where turned off and pressing OK I keep getting an error so I can't turn them back on via the STB.

Called Verizon and they said it's an outage and they can't turn the channels back on right now. It should be resolved in a day.

Amazing channels can get locked and they can turn them back on quickly.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to robertf390

to robertf390
I was told (during the 35 min call) that they'd removed the sports pack from many customers and failed to put it back..

maybe this is happening when the roll out new promos- "Old" Ultimate customers have it removed and the system bungles re-instating it.

Who knows.
Mine was back in an hour (on top of the waste 35 min call)
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy to robertf390

to robertf390
Somehow Verizon manages to be even more incompetent than the airline industry. At least the airlines have figured out that the people who pay the most get treated the best. Verizon screws with the Ultimate subscribers more than anyone.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by dfwguy:

Somehow Verizon manages to be even more incompetent than the airline industry. At least the airlines have figured out that the people who pay the most get treated the best. Verizon screws with the Ultimate subscribers more than anyone.

I had a similar problem with the HBO channels being missing from my Ultimate package (see other thread). The problem with Verizon is they are constantly changing their packages - channels move in and out on a whim. And depending on where you live some channels may or may not be in the same package as another area. It has to be a logistical nightmare. So it's no wonder Verizon has these kinds of problems.

icemannyr1

icemannyr1

I still can't add the channels back via the STB.
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to robertf390

to robertf390
This is the third time happening to me.
Had no problem "readding" the channels.

ransaldi
@72.37.171.x

ransaldi to icemannyr1

Anon

to icemannyr1
I also had the channels blocked all weekend despite having the same package with every channel for over 5 years. After calling last night, it only took 45 minutes for them to turn them back on. The first person I spoke with was clueless claiming I unsubscribed from them. The second rep got a supervisor involved who claimed they had never seen this before. My account showed I was subscribed but that needed to pay another $9.99 to add them back. After clearing that up they were back. Fingers crossed I am not hit with another charge on my next bill.
swope1221
join:2008-08-26
Newtown, PA

swope1221 to icemannyr1

to icemannyr1
Hi Icemanny. I would either post in the direct forum here or hit them up on twitter @VerizonSupport. (I think that's it or pretty close). Twitter support connected me with a chat agent who was specifically dealing with these issues. 15 min later all back on all STBs.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to icemannyr1

Premium Member

to icemannyr1
Ice-
I'd try logging into your account online and seeing if the SportsPack box is ticked or not.
robertf390
Nesconset, NY

robertf390 to icemannyr1

to icemannyr1
I can't believe they are still doing this to people - if, as they have told some of us, they know what is causing it, why can't they just fix it once and for all. And what is the communication process - I was told at first by CSR's that they no longer honored the sports pak in Ultimate along with 5 others telling me no one else reported this problem.

That's why I posted it here - I wonder how many others haven't even noticed they lost these channels yet?

Unbelievable!
blushrts
join:2001-01-06
New Cumberland, PA

blushrts

As swope1221 said, just go to the verizon direct forum. I won't call about this again as the last time I had two different reps argue with me that the sports pass wasn't part of the ultimate package. Verizon direct fixed me right up.

icemannyr1

icemannyr1

Tried again and was able to reactive the Sports Pass channels via the STB.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky to blushrts

to blushrts
said by blushrts:

As swope1221 said, just go to the verizon direct forum. I won't call about this again as the last time I had two different reps argue with me that the sports pass wasn't part of the ultimate package. Verizon direct fixed me right up.

I can't believe how clueless and poorly trained the reps are, even tech support. I had this same argument with them last week when they told me HBO was not part of the Ultimate package. They finally decided to believe me only because one rep checked with another rep who happened to live in the same town as me and he confirmed he gets HBO with Ultimate. So his response was "oh this must be something new then." Ummm, no.
knordrw
join:2007-09-07
Bethel Park, PA
Greenwave FiOS-G1100
Actiontec WCB3000N

knordrw

Well, they're correct that HBO isn't "part" of the Ultimate package. It's just that the NYDMA gets HBO (and Starz/Encore too) included at no extra cost with a bundle that includes Ultimate. You have to get the bundle too - stand alone TV with Ultimate would not have HBO, Starz and Encore included with it. The only premiums that are "part" of Ultimate are Showtime/TMC, Cinemax, and Epix.
ansky
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by knordrw:

Well, they're correct that HBO isn't "part" of the Ultimate package. It's just that the NYDMA gets HBO (and Starz/Encore too) included at no extra cost with a bundle that includes Ultimate. You have to get the bundle too - stand alone TV with Ultimate would not have HBO, Starz and Encore included with it. The only premiums that are "part" of Ultimate are Showtime/TMC, Cinemax, and Epix.

That may be true. But the fact that you and I know that, but 4 CSR's at Verizon don't know that, is an issue.