Search similar:

uniqs

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

[Comcast Equip] TV Ad says Watch and Record 15 shows at 1 time!!!

I just saw a TV ad from Comcast that said you can now watch and record 15 shows at 1 time.

Anybody know what this is all about?
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101

Premium Member

[Comcast Equip] Re: TV Ad says Watch and Record 15 shows at 1 time!!!

Is there anyone here who could find 15 shows, all on at the same, they'd want to watch?

Seriously?
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
When you are able to activate the "Cloud" service this is where they are heading. I think there are 6 tuners in the box, 1 is inactive.
And if the rest are in the Cloud then isn't actually OnDemand with the Fast Forward active?

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

They are talking about the new version of the guide. Where it just shows logos when you hit the last button it will soon show live video from each channel. Its 9 now maybe when this launches it will be 15 ?
Does anyone know when this will launch btw ?

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to djoropallo

Premium Member

to djoropallo
No that is absolutely not what the TV ad was referring to. It was very clear they were saying you can record 15 shows at once while watching another. I just saw the TV ad again while watching the Phillies game on Comcast Sports net.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44

Premium Member

Are you sure you were not watching something for the cable convention that ended yesterday. The main convention just ended yesterday. 90 percent of the cable companies had reps present to preview all the cool stuff being released.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

I saw the TV ad twice on Comcast Sportsnet during the Phillies game tonight in Philly.

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

1 edit

Tobin to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm

Re: [Comcast Equip] TV Ad says Watch and Record 15 shows at 1 time!!!

Yep, not surprised. Live Streaming and Cloud DVR do not leverage the tuners in your X1 hardware. For those who thought this would be like AnyPlay where a standard QAM cable stream is being transcoded to H.264 and served over IP, that's not the case with X1.

I recently experimented with this because of any ongoing discussion on the official Comcast forums. I have the live streaming portion of the service enabled in the SF Bay Area, and I've opened 10 separate instances of xtv.comcast.net in addition to streaming on 2 iPads. That was 12 unique channels being pushed without a hitch.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

1 X1 main DVR with 2 Xi3 boxes and watch and record 15 shows at 1 time is what I am waiting for!
gate1975mlm

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

I just saw the TV Ad again this morning saying you can now Watch and Record 15 shows at 1 time.

I wonder when this will actually be available?
tknex
join:2012-10-03

tknex

15 shows at one time is achieved by have 3 X1 DVR's.

Tobin
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

I
said by tknex:

Fairly certain that's not the scenario described by the commercial.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to gate1975mlm

MVM

to gate1975mlm
said by gate1975mlm:

I just saw the TV Ad again this morning saying you can now Watch and Record 15 shows at 1 time.

I wonder when this will actually be available?

Link to the commercial? I just did a search on youtube and didn't find anything.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Verizon fios does this with their quantum product i think . They do 12 shows at once and 200 hours of hd capacity on dvr.I've never seen Comcast advertise this only fios.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm to tknex

Premium Member

to tknex
Well if they were referring to 3 X1 DVR's and I am almost 100% sure they are not you can only record 12 shows at a time not 15 anyway with 3 DVR's which I currently have in my home.
AZinOH
join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH

AZinOH to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Even if true, and even if I wanted a DVR (I don't), I would gladly limit myself to recording one program at a time if I thought it would lower the bill. When the cableco offers me that choice, I might take them up on it. Until then, all these so-called "features" are really just gimmicks of dubious value that the cablecos can claim are "popular services" so they can continue to justify their rate increases.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
I even googled it and.nothing about 15 shows at.once never came up.

gate1975mlm
Premium Member
Philadelphia, PA

gate1975mlm

Premium Member

said by mikedz4:

I even googled it and.nothing about 15 shows at.once never came up.

I will try and record it the next time I see it.

Also maybe it's only being shown in Philadelphia?

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I still think its for fios.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by mikedz4:

I still think its for fios.

Possible. At this stage, we have one person who has seen it and no one else. I will wait until I see proof of the commercial.
PhillyJim
join:2008-05-13
Philadelphia, PA

1 recommendation

PhillyJim to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
I've seen this commercial multiple times in the past month. I believe it's for the cloud based X1 DVR service.

Datdude
@68.42.244.x

1 recommendation

Datdude to gate1975mlm

Anon

to gate1975mlm
With the X1 your main DVR can record 4 and then you can watch a 5th show live. Then you can have up to 7 companion boxes so that's now 8 live things being watched while 4 are recording so that's 12. Then with the cloud you can watch live TV on up to I think 5 devices so that'd be 17. With the cloud it's already possible I guess as long as you have enough boxes.
Brocktoon
join:2009-08-11
Fairless Hills, PA

Brocktoon to gate1975mlm

to gate1975mlm
Another person from the Philly area, and I've also seen this TV add multiple times. Not sure the exact wording, but it is a Comcast commercial and they mention recording 15 shows at one time. Seems like crazy math to me, but then again I'm still happy with my Moto DCX box as long as my service is working.
tknex
join:2012-10-03

tknex to Tobin

to Tobin
said by Tobin:

I

said by tknex:

Fairly certain that's not the scenario described by the commercial.

But sadly, it is.

hahafunny
@24.1.121.x

hahafunny

Anon

Oh really. Can you prove that it's 3 DVR's? Where does it say that? To the guy above me.

Tobin
Burlingame, CA

1 edit

Tobin

This commercial is only being aired in regions with Cloud DVR, so that lends credit to the notion that tknex is just guessing along with the rest of us.

hahaokay
@24.1.121.x

hahaokay

Anon

Oh. I'm in Chicago and I have cloud but I'm yet to see that commercial.
hahaokay

hahaokay to Tobin

Anon

to Tobin
Oh. I'm in Chicago and I have cloud but I have yet to see that commercial.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to hahaokay

MVM

to hahaokay
said by hahaokay :

Oh. I'm in Chicago and I have cloud but I'm yet to see that commercial.

Same here. Eventually, someone will record it and throw it up on Youtube if it exists.

Tobin
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

Could be that it only airs in Philly or on CSN. I know others have seen the commercial. It's been mentioned on the official Comcast help forums in the Xfinity Cloud DVR and Mobile thread.