how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SeminoleRob

join:2001-12-19
Panama City, FL

Grokster?

Does Grokster have this spyware too? I'm at work and haven't had a chance to go home and check.

bmantz65

join:2001-07-23
united state

Kazaa Lite

Is this program still in Kazaa Lite 1.5? I know that Kazaa Lite removed the spyware and ads...

AdamB

join:2001-01-07
Columbus, OH
reply to SeminoleRob

Re: Grokster?

It has a form of spyware since I checked it out in ad aware but you can download the dummy dll file to get rid of it. But this kind I sure hope not.

mags2
Agent Provocateur

join:2001-07-19
SoCal
reply to SeminoleRob
Good question. I also use Grok and the only spyware that I'm aware of was of the cydoor variety which can be neutered with a dummy .dll file. Unless we find out otherwise, I'm assuming Grok is kosher. Whichever it is, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it. There are too many knowledgeable people on DSLR for us to remain collectively blind.
--
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy? -T.Jefferson

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
If you don't want spyware, dont install any P2P file sharing programs. SIMPLE. There have been so many articles on this in the last few months, I can't believe some of you continue to use these programs....

mags2
Agent Provocateur

join:2001-07-19
SoCal
said by Jmartz:
If you don't want spyware, dont install any P2P file sharing programs. SIMPLE.
Thank you to the department of the obvious for pointing that out. You really ought to volunteer yourself to the government's side for the CIPA case currently being tried. That way you would get another opportunity to stand up in court and smugly say something like "If you don't want any money from the government for your library, then you don't have to install government filters on your internet computers."
--
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy? -T.Jefferson

bgraham

join:2001-03-15
Smithtown, NY
i have no idea if this site is up to date or accurate. i found it doing a spyware search. it lists grokster along with hundreds of others.

»www.tom-cat.com/spybase/spylist.html

martissimo

join:2001-12-01
Las Vegas, NV
reply to Jmartz
If you don't want spyware, dont install any P2P file sharing programs. SIMPLE. There have been so many articles on this in the last few months, I can't believe some of you continue to use these programs....

or just install a open source P2P prog where everyone who uses it can check the code for what it does, Gnucleus for example.

doesnt matter to me, i only use a fully legal P2P system that has no copyright covered material on it, i use Furthurnet, and all we trade on there are live recordings of bands who *allow* live recording of their concerts. Pretty big list of artists who allow it, and more coming around all the time.

alex4life
Alex4life
Premium
join:2001-06-22
Delta, BC
reply to Jmartz
said by Jmartz:
What if we want mp3's?? Where do we go then smart guy?
--
"Nothing fits better than a dead man's shirt" -Jimmy James

Dekerson

join:2001-03-20
Bedford, TX
reply to AdamB
Could you explain where to download the dll you refer to which neuters Cydor in Grokster?

AdamB

join:2001-01-07
Columbus, OH
»Here's how to disable the Kazaa spyware this is what you are looking for. Just read the first post and download it and you are all set

SeminoleRob

join:2001-12-19
Panama City, FL
reply to Dekerson
www.projectinsomnia.com also has the info on how to change the .dll file in Grokster.