dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
grace1234
join:2014-04-24

grace1234

Re: Terrible terrible experience trying to get the installation done.

So here is how all this three week journey without internet came down to. I FINALLY GOT TEMP LINE and got the service today!!! I had to write a letter to my neighbor and explain the whole situation when I was told that my neighbor refused to give me temp line. Found out, he never spoke with any rogers technician and didnt understand why Rogers tech would lie about such a thing. I understand that its not really start communication's fault for sending a cunning Rogers tech. but I certainly hope that start gains some more power? over Rogers and support and protect their own customers. They could have asked Rogers WHICH NEIGHBOR the tech spoke to or asked rogers to get the tech's associate number or something to get to the bottom of things when this refusal to temp line from my neighbor was raised.
In any case, I got great help from Ryan and he was so helpful and caring. He was very thorough and gave me quick response about my concerns. Right now, my last concern is to get the temp line buried on the ground and I hope Rogers will do their jobs ethically this time.
At any rate, I am happy I got the service finally and am finally happy to be with start communications.
The speed was stable at 25/2 and the signal was not too high or too low, but just perfect, no drops or breaks.

Thanks all for all of your support and advice and I hope my thread helps out many others who are facing the same issue.

Start Sam
join:2014-01-21
London, ON

Start Sam

Hello Grace,

I'm glad this could be resolved to get your service up and running. Ryan's a pretty good guy and it's awesome he could work with you to get to the bottom of the situation and got the ball rolling.

Management here at Start is always working hard to improve our relationship with the incumbent network vendors, along with the other ISPs in CNOC.

Feel free to reach out to any of us here on DSLr, rocca, myself or any of the other Start DSLr team if you need something or have question/concern.

Enjoy the weekend!

rogersmogers
@108.170.167.x

rogersmogers to grace1234

Anon

to grace1234
said by grace1234:

So here is how all this three week journey without internet came down to. I FINALLY GOT TEMP LINE and got the service today!!! I had to write a letter to my neighbor and explain the whole situation when I was told that my neighbor refused to give me temp line. Found out, he never spoke with any rogers technician and didnt understand why Rogers tech would lie about such a thing. I understand that its not really start communication's fault for sending a cunning Rogers tech. but I certainly hope that start gains some more power? over Rogers and support and protect their own customers. They could have asked Rogers WHICH NEIGHBOR the tech spoke to or asked rogers to get the tech's associate number or something to get to the bottom of things when this refusal to temp line from my neighbor was raised.
In any case, I got great help from Ryan and he was so helpful and caring. He was very thorough and gave me quick response about my concerns. Right now, my last concern is to get the temp line buried on the ground and I hope Rogers will do their jobs ethically this time.
At any rate, I am happy I got the service finally and am finally happy to be with start communications.
The speed was stable at 25/2 and the signal was not too high or too low, but just perfect, no drops or breaks.

Thanks all for all of your support and advice and I hope my thread helps out many others who are facing the same issue.

It is a temp line, chances are they won't bury it because it is temp.