All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sirlim
join:2014-05-04

sirlim

[Wireless] WRT610N Problems

Hello there! When I connect my modem supplied by the ISP to one of my other routers, as well as a powerline device, it works fine. Things screw-up however once I try add my Linksys WRT610N. When I connect one of the cables of the modem to the WAN port of WRT610N, it does not work. However once I connect the same cable from the modem to a WRT610N LAN port (blue ports labelled 1 to 4), getting internet through the latter works BUT getting internet from the modem directly or my other devices does not.

The bottom line: the internet in my house is messed-up once I connect WRT610N to the network via a LAN port. Is there a way for me to remedy this? How can we let the internet go to WRT610N without compromising internet for users on other routers or powerline devices in my house?

NAT is disabled. Dynamic routing is also disabled.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA

1 recommendation

aefstoggaflm

Premium Member

What is the brand and model of your modem?

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

1 edit

mmainprize to sirlim

to sirlim
said by sirlim:

Hello there! When I connect my modem supplied by the ISP to one of my other routers, as well as a powerline device, it works fine. Things screw-up however once I try add my Linksys WRT610N.

»kb.linksys.com/Linksys/u ··· eid=3733
You can not connect two routers to the same modem. If you are able to get into the the WRT610 settings you could set it up as an access point and that would disable the routing feature of that device.
»kb.linksys.com/Linksys/G ··· verted=0

If you only use the WRT610 router and connect its wan port to the modem and then your PC to its LAN port and still have problems then you need to changes some settings as something must be wrong. I would first try cloning the PC's MAC address in the router.

You might get more help if you explained better what you are trying to do as your first post is not very clear how everything was connected when it did not work.