spc
Search similar:

uniqs

choff5507
@107.202.77.x

choff5507

Anon

What are my options ??

So here's my situation, I am currently on the 18/2 package and I have about 3 more months left on the previous 1 yr contract I signed. I have been on the same speed package the entire time. My issue now is that I am beginning to need more upstream bandwidth, Ive had to backup pictures related to my business and so I am beginning to see what other options I have. I had refused to pay double what I am paying ATT for internet service to Comcast. Comcast is now roughly the same price with their latest offering guaranteed for a year($35 for 50/10) and so I am thinking when my contract is up if I should look into switching.

Now, to the main part of my post, Id like to stay with ATT, I THINK I'm roughly 2100-2200 feet from the VRAD or whatever, I currently am using a HGV3801 that I own and I would like to get on a higher package but the automated system when I login to my account makes it seem like it's not available. So, this leaves me in my current predicament where I am just not sure if it's worth the battle jumping through the hoops to try and get a faster speed, I MIGHT be ok on the 24/3 package but would probably want the 45/6 because it's basically what I could get on Comcast and it would have to be at a competitive price.

So I'm looking for feedback on what people think I can get at that length and if I can get close to the Comcast offer. Im in Houston if that helps.

TIA
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

If it's for your business why are you using a consumer internet plan?

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to choff5507

Premium Member

to choff5507
Getting that speed (45/6) with paired lines using a NVG-589 shouldn't be a problem. Try posting your information over on the AT&T direct forum and one of the level II technicians over there should be able to help you.

my thoughts
@72.135.227.x

my thoughts to choff5507

Anon

to choff5507
Thinking 2100 feet and knowing are two different things, if 2350 beyond 2200 would not qualidy for Max Turbo or Power.

Retail Non Discount Prices....
Max Plus (current) $61
Max Turbo $71
POWER $81.... no current promotion discount will remove $40 for internet only.

If currently own your RG the POWER requires $7 LEASED RG in addition to monthly promotion current discount $16.05

81-16.05+7= $71.95

brookeKrige
join:2012-11-05
San Jose, CA

brookeKrige

Now on 18M, what's your RG say for noise margin, attenuation, max sync rate? Post broadband/status page (minus publicIP).

Since have (2wire/Pace) 3801, you could run UVRealtime, primarily to see it's own estimate of your line distance (and what profile it recommends). Typically ATT measures a longer distance than UVR's estimate, this is known.
choff5507
join:2014-05-04
USA

choff5507 to my thoughts

to my thoughts
Is what you say about the price is true, that the best I could do is ~72 for 45/6 seems like I dont have a choice then, Ill check when my contract is up, but Im already on a promo for the 20/2 I have now @ ~31.00 after it's marked 50% off.

This price is roughly what Comcast would cost me, looks like I might have to leave for a year and see what my options are then, I would like to stay with ATT, but not going to pay close to double for less.