Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

damir

join:2013-12-12
CANADA

Rogers (LTE) Thornbury - Ontario

Hello,

Is there anyway to find which internet (phone) Rogers offers @ this place?
LTE, 4G\3G or?

Thanks!

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON
kudos:2
said by damir:

Hello,

Is there anyway to find which internet (phone) Rogers offers @ this place?
LTE, 4G\3G or?

Thanks!

Rogers has lit 4G HSPA+ all along Georgian Bay. LTE is lit in Owen Sound. They are expanding LTE coverage, but have run into tower objections. The coverage map is reasonably accurate. »www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless_network
--
Need-based health care not greed-based health care.

damir

CANADA
reply to damir
Thank you!

I needed this info, so i can go fishing and tether my phone for work, if needed lol

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by damir:

Thank you!

I needed this info, so i can go fishing and tether my phone for work, if needed lol

Given the wind, not a bright idea, at least out on Georgian Bay. There is also still ice out there. Inland, trout and pickerel are keeping down with the cold.
--

damir

CANADA
Going with my father, i am not a "fisherman" myself, but, lately, ive been working a lot, hardly went out - need some fresh air, even its windy, as for the fish, i don't care, he does, if he is happy, and if he think we should go, ill go, fresh air is all that matters to me

Thanks DKS

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by damir:

Going with my father, i am not a "fisherman" myself, but, lately, ive been working a lot, hardly went out - need some fresh air, even its windy, as for the fish, i don't care, he does, if he is happy, and if he think we should go, ill go, fresh air is all that matters to me

Thanks DKS

Just wear your PFD. We've lost too many to the cold waters over the years.
--

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:23
reply to DKS
said by DKS:

Rogers has lit 4G HSPA+ all along Georgian Bay. LTE is lit in Owen Sound. They are expanding LTE coverage, but have run into tower objections. The coverage map is reasonably accurate. »www.rogers.com/web/content/wireless_network

So, people complain when rural areas don't get good cell coverage... And then when the incumbents try to deploy rural coverage (true 4G no less), people object to the towers... Can't have it both ways!

Then again, I'd be happy living in a bladerunner-esque dystopia if it got me better telecom services :P
--
Latest version of CapSavvy systray usage checker: »CapSavvy v4.3 released!

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by Guspaz:

said by DKS:

So, people complain when rural areas don't get good cell coverage... And then when the incumbents try to deploy rural coverage (true 4G no less), people object to the towers... Can't have it both ways!

Then again, I'd be happy living in a bladerunner-esque dystopia if it got me better telecom services :P

Meaford is urban. It's the urban folks who are onjecting.
--

zygggy

join:2009-11-27
Meaford, ON
I'm not surprised...why would Rogers want to stick it in Meaford...there's mountains all around this area, any of which has to be a much better place to install a tower.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones
Premium,ExMod 2002
Owen Sound, ON
said by zygggy:

I'm not surprised...why would Rogers want to stick it in Meaford...there's mountains all around this area, any of which has to be a much better place to install a tower.

And the "mountains" are part of the Niagara Escarpment. Lots of tower restrictions. Cell service is bad in Meaford, They wanted to fill in the gaps.
--