uniqs

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn to mr_noodles

Premium Member

to mr_noodles

Re: [Cable] Why Should I stay with TekSavvy?

Hello Mr_Noodles,

Just to be clear on the pricing Videotron is offering.

Not sure you read the conditions to their order.

A few things to take note.
-The monthly residential Internet service rate of $52.95 applies to all customers and is subject to change without notice.
-An installation fee of $59.95 applies.
-This limited-time offer is intended for residential customers of Videotron's Internet services. The current monthly rate ($5.95 per month for the Standard Security Services and $7.95 per month for the Maximum Security Services)will apply as of the second month of subscription.

For the Unlimited @10$
-The $10 monthly rate applies to Internet customers who are subscribed to at least one other service including Videotron's TV service.
-The $30 monthly rate applies to Internet customers who are subscribed to this service only, or who are already subscribed to one of the following Videotron services : residential telephone, or mobile telephone.

I hope this can help reinforce the decision to stay with TekSavvy.

The Unlimited price you see is actually what you get with TekSavvy.

Best Regards,
Martin
mr_noodles
join:2012-05-10

mr_noodles

Hello Martin! I'm glad you took the time to reply to my post.

I did read the conditions and while I'm sure their pricing is subject to change without notice, I have never had that happen to me as a long time Videotron TV/phone customer. On the other hand, my TekSavvy invoice was bumped $3 in January! They will waive the installation fee because a technician is already scheduled to be at my house to setup the phone and TV services, free of charge. Also, I do not care for their security services and am already a client of the 2 required services for the $10/mo unlimited data.

Just by looking at the numbers, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to stay with TekSavvy. I was hoping for some encouraging advice from your current customers. Is there anything else that the numbers do not tell, perhaps?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by mr_noodles:

Hello Martin! I'm glad you took the time to reply to my post.

I did read the conditions and while I'm sure their pricing is subject to change without notice, I have never had that happen to me as a long time Videotron TV/phone customer. On the other hand, my TekSavvy invoice was bumped $3 in January! They will waive the installation fee because a technician is already scheduled to be at my house to setup the phone and TV services, free of charge. Also, I do not care for their security services and am already a client of the 2 required services for the $10/mo unlimited data.

Just by looking at the numbers, I'm having a hard time convincing myself to stay with TekSavvy. I was hoping for some encouraging advice from your current customers. Is there anything else that the numbers do not tell, perhaps?

In a simple answer broken in to two parts. I'll make it very short and anyone who knows me, knows I'm not biased towards TSI, just have a tonne of respect for many of the staff.

Reason #1: You'll sleep better at night not supporting the incumbents.
Reason #2: It may not seem like it as you're just one person but you're helping the smaller IISP's try to stop the abusive nature of the incumbents they so easily consider just another day of business.

Granted I never needed support from TSI yet, required it once in 7 years for an inside wiring issue. Support may be slower based off of few complaints on here that I've read. Something they can easily fix, I'd recommend with an unbiased opinion to stick with Teksavvy and avoid the game the incumbents are playing to win back customers.
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

xdrag to mr_noodles

to mr_noodles
TSI is a good honest company but playing the devil's advocate,

Videotron still holds a lot of the power in this relationship and as you have experienced, TSI sends tickets to videotron which then sends out their techs. Whereas when you're with videotron, you're dealing with them directly.

However, videotron are the same bunch of people that wanted to use usage-based-billing a few years ago and without TSI that you are supporting, CDN internet would be very different today.

All in all, this is a free-market designed to stimulate competition. Go with the provider you are most comfortable with. the incumbents have been making a strong push-back lately with the pricing. The TPIA has trouble matching due to the higher CBB costs.

If TSI is working for you, maybe dont fix what's not broken. on the other hand, you can test the waters with videotron (and maybe what made you leave in the first place?)