antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

4 edits

antdude

Premium Member

For those with triple packages, how much do you pay and how to save?

$45 extended promotion ended and dang too much:

HBO & Cinemax = $27
HD Set-Top Box, Remote & Add'l Outlet Service = $12.25
Triple Pack Select (Preferred TV with Variety Pass), HD-DVR Set-Top Box, DVR Service, Standard Internet, Home Phone National & Voicemail) = $159.99
Internet Modem Lease = $5.99
SubTotal = $205.23

Taxes, fees, & surcharges:
E911 = $0.19
Universal Lifeline Tel Serv Surcharge = $0.32
CA Relay Service & Comm. Device Fund = $0.06
High Cost Fund Surcharge A = $0.05
CASF & High Cost B Surcharge = $0.13
Fed. Universal Svc. Recovery Fee = $1.48
CTF - CA TEleconnect Fund = $0.16
PEG Capital Fee = $1.34
Franchise Fee = $6.49
TWC Regulatory Recovery Fee = $0.37
Subtotal = $10.59

Total = $215.82

Ouch! How much are you guys paying for yours if you have triple packages? It looks like services need to be downgraded or removed (still want land lines and TWC's TV [OTA doesn't do well in this mountain rural area here].

Thank you in advance.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

Buy your own modem. Drop HBO/Cinemax. There is $33 saved right there.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

1 edit

antdude

Premium Member

said by Racerbob:

Buy your own modem. Drop HBO/Cinemax. There is $34 saved right there.

It would have been nice if buying our own cable modems had phone support. Why need another one to hook it connect that takes up space, use more power, and make more heat? It makes more sense if no digital phone services.

Yeah, might drop HBO/Cinemax since movies are rarely watched these days.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

Satch to antdude

to antdude
said by antdude:

$45 extended promotion ended and dang too much:

HBO & Cinemax = $27
HD Set-Top Box, Remote & Add'l Outlet Service = $12.25
Triple Pack Select (Preferred TV with Variety Pass), HD-DVR Set-Top Box, DVR Service, Standard Internet, Home Phone National & Voicemail) = $159.99
Internet Modem Lease = $5.99
SubTotal = $205.23

Taxes, fees, & surcharges:
E911 = $0.19
Universal Lifeline Tel Serv Surcharge = $0.32
CA Relay Service & Comm. Device Fund = $0.06
High Cost Fund Surcharge A = $0.05

CASF & High Cost B Surcharge = $0.13
Fed. Universal Svc. Recovery Fee = $1.48
CTF - CA TEleconnect Fund = $0.16
PEG Capital Fee = $1.34
Franchise Fee = $6.49
TWC Regulatory Recovery Fee = $0.37
Subtotal = $10.59

Total = $215.82

Ouch! How much are you guys paying for yours if you have triple packages? It looks like services need to be downgraded or removed (still want land lines and TV [OTA doesn't do well in this mountain rural area here]. Is there a list somewhere to see the regular prices for the downgraded services?

Thank you in advance.

Call and ask about lowering your bill. The first rep may say "no." Than just say, "I don't understand the increases" or something to that effect. You will than be taken to Customer Retentions. (You can't just go to Customer Retentions.) Ask what kind of discounts they could offer. Not into movies, you can drop the HBO/Cinemax, but should still negotiate to get the other costs down. Be nice to the reps, and you can get some good deals.

Very important-When you call for a deal, you can ONLY do this about once a year. Expect this to be for the long haul. If you call too much to get your bill lowered, they will stop offering you discounts. You will need to renegotiate after a year to get your costs down again.

Satch
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
I pay $230 for Signature Home Premium View which is an approx $130 savings if I had Digital Cable with HBO, Cinemax, Showtime/TMC, Movie Pass, Two Whole House DVRs, Digital Phone and Ultimate Internet a la carte. Plus I pay no modem lease fee, no broadcast TV fee and no fee for 'the guide'.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY
·Greenlight Netwo..
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
It makes sense to not give TW $6 a month for a modem rental. Modems do not create a lot of heat, nor do they use a lot of power. It would be quite easy for you to use a splitter to use two modems. At $6 a month, you would have a new modem paid for in a year or so.
Satch
join:2009-11-25

Satch

said by Racerbob:

It makes sense to not give TW $6 a month for a modem rental. Modems do not create a lot of heat, nor do they use a lot of power. It would be quite easy for you to use a splitter to use two modems. At $6 a month, you would have a new modem paid for in a year or so.

Agreed,

But if you have Digital Phone, you're forced to take the rental modem.

Satch
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
Not quite what you're looking for.

Currently, I'm paying Ooma $7.50 a month. TWC 50/5 for $69/mo and I pay DirecTV $124/mo for every single channel they have plus 7 receivers.

Ooma is a normal rate and DirecTV/TWC have that rate for 12 months.

Racerbob
Premium Member
Webster, NY

Racerbob to Satch

Premium Member

to Satch
But once you add the new modem, the modem that is dedicated to the phone service has no monthly charge. Correct me if I am wrong.
spdickey
join:2002-11-17
Pacific Palisades, CA
Technicolor E31T2V1
eero Wi-Fi System
Obihai OBi202

spdickey to Satch

to Satch
said by Satch:

But if you have Digital Phone, you're forced to take the rental modem.

But you don't pay for the TWC supplied modem if you are only using it for phone.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to Racerbob

Premium Member

to Racerbob
said by Racerbob:

But once you add the new modem, the modem that is dedicated to the phone service has no monthly charge. Correct me if I am wrong.

No correction required.

Hob