share rss forum feed

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

24 er 12 starts tonight 8pm

Just a reminder that Jack is back for a 12 episode run.

I thought this had been previously mentioned, but the search only turned up results for 2010 or so.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

Stuck at work tonight, hopefully Fox will have it online the next day.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8

2 recommendations

reply to Snakeoil

Will wait until it aired out to binge watch it, which is how 24 deserves to be watched.

Madtown
Premium
join:2008-04-26
Madera, CA
reply to Snakeoil

I will wait til Netflix stream it.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to TigerLord

To be honest, I get bored with 24. It seems to be a never ending cycle of how bad of a situation can we put this character in, and make it worse. Then have him fight his way out of it.

Though that is typically all the plots to all the action dramas out there .. lol.

It's fun, but I don't think I could take a marathon run of 24.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Sniper3142
Slapsho3142

join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA
reply to Snakeoil

While it is predictable, I still enjoy watching 24.

Or as I like to call it...

The Jack Bauer Power Hour!

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

said by Sniper3142:

The Jack Bauer Power Hour!

teh awesome!
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

RockCake
Premium
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA
reply to Snakeoil

Cat Stark is back! Yay!
On a more serious note, I was pleasantly surprised to see Michael Wincott, I haven't seen him in so long I didn't think he was acting anymore. Great addition.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Snakeoil

Curse you weather curse you. The local weather persons have invaded the TV. No programming at all, just chit chat about the severe weather and possible Tornadoes.
Hump.. stupid weather.
--

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Snakeoil

I've been keeping an eye on this season andit seems typically boring Jack. So far the only change of pace is Yvonne Strahovski. Her character seems to stand up to Jack [meaning not get hidden by him].
Matter of fact it seems like someone else noticed that as well:

»seriable.com/24-season-10-yvonne···nd-lead/

quote:
24 Season 10: Yvonne Strahovski Could Replace Kiefer Sutherland As Lead

Should Fox renew 24 for another season or ‘event’ beyond Live Another Day, Strahovksi’s feisty CIA agent Kate Morgan could play the starring role in a Bauer-free continuation.

Co-creator Robert Cochran told TVLine that such a scenario is open to consideration:

“I think it’s a possibility. There are no specific plans right now, but that’s the kind of thing we’d consider.”

EP Howard Gordon concurred that 24 could continue without the focal point that is Bauer:

“The format itself is very sturdy and with the right story it can be compelling. So if a [Jack-free] story presented itself to us, we would be open to it.”

As for the current status of 24‘s future on Fox, Gordon restated the potential of continuing the franchise in some shape or form, but – with ratings not as high as would have been hoped – hinted that exhaustion could be a factor:

Originally posted: »seriable.com/24-season-10-yvonne···4Z6emDD5

Would she have the chops to pull an audience? Would an audience what a female super spy that can kick ass and look sexy?
If so, why not cast her in a TV version of Salt?
--
vivere est mori.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

said by Snakeoil:

If so, why not cast her in a TV version of Salt?

Then there was once Nikita...

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH

I enjoyed Peta Wilson's Nikita series vs Maggie Q's.
--
vivere est mori.

Snakeoil
Premium
Mentor, OH
reply to Snakeoil

Damn, Jack sure knows how to treat a lady
--
vivere est mori.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada
reply to Snakeoil

Caught up with this season and finished watching it.

It was the usual predictable 24, cheaply pulling on the heart strings of the viewers hoping they forget or don't see the gaping plot holes.

The entire Russian subplot is ridiculous. They want him so bad because in season 8 he killed 6 bodyguards and then impaled the foreign minister on flag after he learned they ordered the hit on Renee. It was badass and it pissed the Ruskies apes off. So what? It turns out they were also plotting against the USA, so it was completely justified. Russia should send him chocolate and flowers for getting rid of traitorous scum, instead half of this season seemed devoted to this subplot. Why? Are they doing another season themed "Jack in Moscow?"

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

At least Audrey gets wasted ..........can't stand her in any show.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada

1 recommendation

reply to Snakeoil

I don't dislike the actor or the character so didn't react the same way as you.

The katana finisher was pretty cool though, even if it's dumb poetry. I suppose the writers thought it'd be fitting to have an Asian looking guy die by the sword, but aren't katanas Japanese? The bad guy was Chinese.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

Ya I was wondering about that,they are Japanese ,although some versions are also made in Mexico.

And the real ones from Japan are bloody expensive too..........running into the $10/20 k price range.

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
Canada

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Ya I was wondering about that,they are Japanese ,although some versions are also made in Mexico.

And the real ones from Japan are bloody expensive too..........running into the $10/20 k price range.

Not only that, but the ship they were on was Russian. Why would a Russian ship with a Russian crew and captain decorate the bridge with a Japanese sword?

It felt ridiculous.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
PARADISE

quote:
It felt ridiculous.
Of course I've been thinking that since this show started.from the 1st season....some of the stuff is so unbelievable anyway.

And his whispering is really starting to annoy me.
--
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools!

Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968)