spc
Search similar:

uniqs

forreal
@50.100.146.x

forreal

Anon

[Internet] bell buisness internet

I'm an owner of a small business and a bell Canada client for the internet. I've had long lasting issues where when it rains the connection breaks down. I've been calling bell for the longest time to no avail. I recently started to date someone that happens to work in their tech support division. Not only that bell does not really care about our business by having the tech support work outsourced to India, but the people left behind in Canada are treated like second class citizens. Apparently they are all underpaid in reference to their bell counterpart but when they question the management they are told if you don't like it you don't have to work here. Also apparently everyone in that division are extremely unhappy to work there. Bell does not monitor the calls from India on a regular basis and the quality is horrible. If you own your own business DON"T get bell internet get out. I'm sure Rogers have much better service and at the very least I'm not encouraging a company that treats their employee unfairly. There's limits on how cheap this company wants to be with your tech support we have a business to run and playing Russian roulette with my business.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

I think you will find it doesn't matter which company you go with, the employees are treated the same and paid the same. At least Bell has employees, the vast majority of service technicians with Rogers are subcontractors who are paid by the job. And as for tech support, while I strongly disagree with the outsourcing of jobs to india, I think youll find any call centre here in canada gets the same rate of pay, whether it be Bell or Rogers or any IISP, and that is close to or at minimum wage.

The argument is long held within all of BCE'S companies that someone else in a different department does the same job as you and gets paid more, everyone can see what any non-management employee gets or their pay scale goes up to and what their job entails through the collective agreements which are posted to all of the Unifor local sites. In my case as a install and repair tech, people have long complained the Bell cable repair techs made "twice as much" when in fact they cap out at $5/hr more than us and have much more irregular hours (24/7 vs 8am-9pm/7days a week) than we do and face layoffs more frequently than we do, so to me $10,000 more a year seems fair.

As for the Bell business techs don't get me started...

historyall
@70.27.5.x

historyall

Anon

Unfortunately after the work stoppage of 1988, Bell decided to "divide" up the techs into separate companies via knowledge gained from Altanta Georgia Management technique. The "devide and conquer" method was used to prevent another work stoppage that would control the company as it did. Newco was created, then Entourage and now BTS...splicers were sectioned off to "Expertech" and the rest was divided where they could. Now there are multiple contracts and any one department cannot shut down the company. This is the knowledge gained by a "right to work" mentality. Now they have created a pseudo "competitive" workforce with everyone trying to "out do" the other. This causes envy and employee unrest because everyone thinks they are the low end and others are better...too bad.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

Exactly. Unfortunately it leads to everyone thinking they have it bad and the grass is always greener on the other side. I for one enjoy my job with BTS, and understand we pretty much all have it equal when you factor in what we do. My only complaint is the work life balance the job entails, but all tech fields within BCE have it and that is the nature of the job whether it is bts working late evenings and every weekend, expertech constantly being out of town away from families, or cable repair or Bell Media and Wireless techs being on call 24/7.