spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

beckyd

@76.226.137.x

[Help] 2500 dodge ram cimmins

I have a 2003 and I have replaced everything for the 4x4 besides the chain in the torque converter but when I put my truck in 4 wheel drive it still makes a clunking sound, Do u think it could be the chain or is there something I am missing? I have rebuilt everything in the torque converter but the chain. I have replaced the driveshaft for the 4x4 I have replaced all ball joints upper and lower I have replaced the wheel bearings. I am just out of ideals of what to try the only thing that is left is the chain in the torque converter. PLEASE HELP

mj3431

join:2003-04-21
STL, MO

Try cumminsforum.com. You'll probably find a great deal of people with specific knowledge about your truck there.

NEEDPRO

@69.118.94.x
reply to beckyd

PLEASE bring this to a pro, the TRANSFER CASE is not the torque converter.

Over half these parts you talked about replacing would have nothing to do with a "clunk" going into 4wd.

Sounds like a u-joint but you need to bring this to a pro.

aurgathor

join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA
kudos:1
reply to beckyd

Unless it's really loud, it may not be a big deal at all.

There is some slack pretty much everywhere along the driveline, and together they can add up.

In any case, as for a possible "fix" -- first, I would apply some CV grease to the splines of the slip yoke.

bmilone2

join:2001-01-26
Mays Landing, NJ
reply to beckyd

Go to www.ramforum.com and join. They have every Ram generation covered and many helpful members for all issues.

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to beckyd

Is it a repeated clunking, or a single clunk? Does it do it on accel and decel, or just at random?