Search similar:

uniqs

Nick21
join:2010-02-03
New York, NY

Nick21 to jpatton1979

to jpatton1979

Re: got TWC MAXX? Post your Location:

Has the Netgear C6300 been added? Idk why it takes them so long to update a PDF.
jpatton1979
join:2011-08-10
Louisville, KY

jpatton1979

Sorry, I don't know. You'll have to contact TWC to get the answer.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers to patt2k

Premium Member

to patt2k
other threads here said teir 3 and provisioning won't push a 8:4 over 100mbps, even though spec'wise we all know they can handle it, so if you want 30->200 and 50->300 you will have to get a 16:4 capable modem. i wish i knew when my area is getting maxx so i can upgrade from 15/1 to 20/2 beforehand. i'd rather get a 5x bump then a 3x bump
CaliNine
join:2014-05-12
United State

CaliNine to patt2k

to patt2k
I'm about to get it near Downtown Los Angeles. Got an email called them they said 2-3 weeks. 300 down 20 up.
CJ777
join:2004-10-05
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777

said by CaliNine:

I'm about to get it near Downtown Los Angeles. Got an email called them they said 2-3 weeks. 300 down 20 up.

What is your zip code? Perhaps you're in that little pocket near Downtown LA where it was formally Adelphia.
CaliNine
join:2014-05-12
United State

1 edit

CaliNine

90007, I'm not sure I think it's because it's close to USC and I live 5 minutes driving distance from downtown Los Angeles lots of businesses in that area.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

I don't even have multiple upstream channel bonding in downtown LA yet.. Maybe things are different over on the other side of the 110.

TWC_User
join:2013-07-31
Los Angeles

TWC_User to patt2k

to patt2k
Me either. 8 downloads and only 1 upload. I live next to the 5 freeway, LA river, and Dodger Stadium. Who knows which areas in LA will TWC focus on first.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777 to CaliNine

to CaliNine
said by CaliNine:

90007, I'm not sure I think it's because it's close to USC and I live 5 minutes driving distant from downtown Los Angeles lots of businesses in that area.

It's because that area is "Jefferson Park." They are already listed as the next upgrade area. Sucks, because I'm 1 zip code away, but I am considered as Wilshire/Hollywood which is from the Baldwin Hills Hub. Your hub is different.
CJ777

CJ777

"The network and Internet speed upgrades will soon be available in the Los Angeles areas of Covina, Cypress, Hoover, Crenshaw District and Jefferson Park, and to upper Manhattan and additional neighborhoods in Queens and Staten Island in New York City.  By the end of June, Time Warner Cable said it would be delivering the new, faster speed plans to more than 200,000 subscribers."
CJ777

CJ777

Also, I believe those areas are not ex-comcast or ex-adelphia but the original Time Warner Cable areas.

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

Covina was a former Comcast area.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777

said by OpTiC :

Covina was a former Comcast area.

Well, the next round of upgrades obviously involves multiple hubs. I know Cypress (on the list) is a former Time Warner system. I don't know about Covina.
JokerX
join:2009-06-17

JokerX to patt2k

to patt2k
10023 -- getting 100 (110+) down/ 5up.

This means I still haven't been upgraded to Maxx as I would be getting 100/10 rather than 100/5 even if my modem wasn't up to snuff, right?

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers to patt2k

Premium Member

to patt2k
(lifted from twc forum of a poster who claims to be in contact with twc provisioning)
if you live in Floral Park, Bellerose, or Glen Oaks area of Queens, that you will get the TWC Maxx upgrade in the early part of July.
This news is from a series of emails I've had with an executive at TWC. Apparently the upgrade schedules have been created.
sev123
join:2013-11-20
Tujunga, CA

sev123 to patt2k

to patt2k
Hi everybody So I just got in contact with time warner cable chat and I asked about twc maxx and the rep advised me it is live in my area...I asked what my speeds would be and the rep said 300x20 I live in 91042 zipcode in los angeles ...the rep said he can add maxx to my acct but I need the modem for them to add it on the rep said go to any store pick it up and request for maxx and you will get the speeds!! I am going asap cant wait ...i hope its true if it is I will keep you all posted and send some pics of speed tests!!!
sev123

sev123 to patt2k

to patt2k
Click for full size
Click for full size
Heres 2 pics of the convo

Maverick
Premium Member
join:2002-01-01
West Hollywood, CA

Maverick to sev123

Premium Member

to sev123
When you get your modem, please post the model they give you. I'm curious to see what they give you, and some pictures if you want.

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers to sev123

Premium Member

to sev123
sev - keep in mind if you get a 16:4 capable modem from twc, you'll be paying monthly lease fees that will probably go up again this october. you may want to slow down and consider that any docsis3 modem you already have will give you 100 now, and you may be able to buy your own 16:4 affordably soon to avoid those lease fees and get provisioning to bump you again later from 100 to 300. 100 is already pretty damn fast particularly if you only use 1-3 web based devices at a time.

jdrtech
join:2004-08-01
Richmond Hill, NY

jdrtech to patt2k

to patt2k
No maxx yet in ridgewood queens 11385 but i notice when i did a speed test my ip has changed and my isp now says comcast communication now. WTF lol

Chris 313
Because It's Geekier
Premium Member
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
·AT&T FTTP
·Comcast XFINITY

Chris 313

Premium Member

said by jdrtech:

No maxx yet in ridgewood queens 11385 but i notice when i did a speed test my ip has changed and my isp now says comcast communication now. WTF lol

Either Speedtest.net is wonky or the assimilation has begun. TWC should've known that resistance is futile.
mastero9
join:2009-05-29
Los Angeles, CA

mastero9 to CJ777

to CJ777
90011 here. You can actually order 100mbps for $90 here. I really hope we get the upgrades. a Few months ago TWC was doing work a block away from me for several days. Then AT&T also came and did some work, it was kinda funny.

Anything new box to look for from TWC? Something that would let me know it will become live as soon as they turn on the switch or was all the work done underground?

Kinda like the stupid VRAD AT&T put. Theres a blackbox on a pole that is TWC's but not sure what to look for.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777 to patt2k

to patt2k

Will there be obvious changes to this in preparation for MAXX?

Click for full size
Fiber/COAX
Click for full size
Fiber/COAX
Click for full size
Motorola node
Here in LA on 9th St, there are major trunk lines (fiber and COAX) that run down the street. This Motorola node is the one I connect to. More fiber and this node was added in the past few years. Is it already out of date and still needs to be upgraded? I know in NY they are using CASA equipment for the new CMTS's in the MAXX enabled hubs. I wonder if that is the case for all the markets getting upgraded or if it depends on the market as to which vendor they choose. I'm just curious if I'll notice any activity in my neighborhood in preparation for the upgrades since all the equipment already is not that old.

trickmaster
@174.236.71.x

trickmaster to mastero9

Anon

to mastero9

Re: got TWC MAXX? Post your Location:

most upgrades will be done inside hubs so it will be transparent to customer. field work if any would include swapping electronics inside an amp, rebalancing of levels. don't expect to see new boxes on poles or street.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777

I think you just answered my question as well lol.

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers

Premium Member

also, if that pole is near a mass transit or commercial hub, equipment upgrade activity could be due to twc actively expanding it's "free" wifi for home wired customer use.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to jdrtech

to jdrtech
said by jdrtech:

Notice how it says server : 1250 mi away.
But ping is : 10 ms.

Are you using VPN or something?

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers

Premium Member

patt - it's just messed up geolocation data - means nothing but poor address management engineering done on Comcast's part.
CJ777
Los Angeles, CA

CJ777 to Packeteers

to Packeteers
said by Packeteers:

also, if that pole is near a mass transit or commercial hub, equipment upgrade activity could be due to twc actively expanding it's "free" wifi for home wired customer use.

Oh wow. I didn't know they were expanding it for home use. One street over is a more major street. There are a lot of AP's hung from the lines there but I cannot pick up a signal on it.

Packeteers
Premium Member
Forest Hills, NY

Packeteers

Premium Member

CJ, you misunderstood. if you have twc at home, you may use their wifi out in the wild. you need to register your customer number and name/pw once you see it listed on your mobile's available wifi access points.