spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dlehmer3
join:2005-07-11
Canton, MI

dlehmer3

Ultra TV ticker problems

The other day, I noticed that the ticker would no longer display any sports scores. Now today, I see that it's either completely disabled, or malfunctioning. It doesn't show up at all in the menu anymore, and if I press B twice, it plays an error sound, and doesn't pop up. I really liked the ticker, and I hope something is just going wrong. The tech support guy on the phone wanted to send a tech out, but it seems kind of silly for something so minor, and I think it probably won't help. Anyone know what's going on?
Jstuts5797
join:2014-04-04
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

My ticker also no longer shows the sports category. I LOVED that feature and really miss it. Wonder if it has anything to do with the software update they just did?
Jstuts5797

Jstuts5797

I just checked the ticker again. It seems as if now they have disabled the ticker completely. I can't find it anywhere in any menus. This is a bummer. Anyone know if they plan on bringing it back?
Dagnabit
join:2007-02-17
Warren, MI

Dagnabit to dlehmer3

to dlehmer3
Yep, it's gone. Wow_Dan?
dlehmer3
Canton, MI

dlehmer3

I just noticed it's kind of back, but has no information in it.
dlehmer3

dlehmer3

update: it seems completely back now, still no sports scores though. I will say, though, that I did send a hit to my gateway and all the media players. Not sure if it did anything or not, but as I'm typing this right now, it definitely is working.
Jstuts5797
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

Still not working here gonna try to send a hit to my media players and gateway and report back. What menu did you find it under?
Jstuts5797

Jstuts5797

Sent a hit to all clients and the gateway.. Still can't find the ticker anywhere... Unless it's hiding somewhere new. It used to be under it's own menu but since the update that menu choice has been gone.
dlehmer3
Canton, MI

dlehmer3

weird. Try pressing the B button (VOD) twice, that also brings it up.
Jstuts5797
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

Still a no go. Thanks for letting me know about the VOD button trick though. If I ever do get it working again that will come in handy. Is this something I should call customer service about? Seems kinda silly but I do want it back! I even power cycled my entire system to try to get it back still a no go.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

Just_Dan to Dagnabit

Premium Member

to Dagnabit
The ticker feature is a feature less than 1% of our customer base uses, and it was a feature that also was having issues, especially with sports content, as you've been seeing. With the lack of interest we've seen from customers, and the amount of issues that have been encountered, the ticker feature is being removed from the new firmware version, which has currently been deployed in the Evansville, IN market only at this time. This would explain why Jstuts5797 no longer has the ticker.
Jstuts5797
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

Ahhhh that makes sense! Thanks WOW_Dan!! I can certainly understand why it would be removed. The new update is NICE! Although the grid guide is kinda slow now, but I figure in time it will get better. I noticed an app section in the settings now too.. Right now doesn't seem to do much more than reset settings..but I'm hoping this will be expanded in time to offer more apps??
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

What features are in the new firmware?
Jstuts5797
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

In the grid guide you now see 5 channels at a time and the logos and text is MUCH larger. The highlight is now in yellow as well. You can now also customize the smart menu to remove menus you don't use.. For me I removed wow phone, favorites, and kids. Really cleans up the smart menu. Also now you get more options in the flip bar like turning closed caption off an on from right there... That is when you hit the info button. Under settings (where you find the menu customization) there is also now a "apps option" setting. Right now it just has the ability to clear cookies and reset. In the VOD section. New movies are marked with a "new" stamp. Ones about to expire are marked with a "last chance" stamp. I LOVE this addition alone. I think that's most of what I noticed besides the grid guide being a bit slow and flipping though the smart menu is MUCH faster. Overall I really like it and hope we will see more in the apps section in the near future.
grantsa4
join:2007-08-15
Naperville, IL

grantsa4

Did the order of the channels change to lowest to highest, or stay highest to lowest?
Jstuts5797
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

Ohhh good question! You now have the option of which order you want! You can choose highest to lowest or lowest to highest! That was an AWESOME change as well! I wonder why out market got it first? I figured WOW had larger markets they would test it out on and we aren't an original WOW territory. WOW bought this from SIGECOM.
Dagnabit
join:2007-02-17
Warren, MI

Dagnabit to dlehmer3

to dlehmer3
O.K., thanks for the info! Next question is for Wow_Dan, any idea when the rest of us will get this update?
mborella
join:2014-05-08
Naperville, IL

mborella to dlehmer3

to dlehmer3
Is the new firmware stable? I've been running the April 2013 firmware and have had numerous reboots and problems.
Jstuts5797
Newburgh, IN

Jstuts5797

No random reboots or anything yet. Seems really stable, but I didn't have any issues before either so YMMV