spc
Search similar:

uniqs
borntochill
join:2003-02-09
united state

borntochill

[Equipment] Localphone with Gigaset C610A-IP - 10 digit dialing

I've just added a Localphone SIP registration to a Gigaset C610A-IP.

Does Localphone require 11-digit dialing for calls to U.S. DIDs? I'm getting a busy signal whenever attempting 10-digit dialing on the Localphone account with the Gigaset. 11-digit dialing goes through fine.

This is a problem because calling lists on the Gigaset may display 10-digit numbers. Putting a "1" in the field "Code for VoIP line" in the Gigaset's Dialing Plan in the web configuration adds a "1" globally to all SIP calls so that's not a solution, because then calls to 11-digit numbers with the "1" already prepended in the calling list will fail. I also have two existing SIP accounts on this Gigaset from Voip.ms and Callcentric.

Is this a limitation with Localphone when dialing U.S. DIDs, or am I overlooking something in either the Gigaset configuration or a setting in the Localphone account settings? Workarounds?

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952

Premium Member

said by borntochill:

I've just added a Localphone SIP registration to a Gigaset C610A-IP.

Does Localphone require 11-digit dialing for calls to U.S. DIDs? I'm getting a busy signal whenever attempting 10-digit dialing on the Localphone account with the Gigaset. 11-digit dialing goes through fine.

This is a problem because calling lists on the Gigaset may display 10-digit numbers. Putting a "1" in the field "Code for VoIP line" in the Gigaset's Dialing Plan in the web configuration adds a "1" globally to all SIP calls so that's not a solution, because then calls to 11-digit numbers with the "1" already prepended in the calling list will fail. I also have two existing SIP accounts on this Gigaset from Voip.ms and Callcentric.

Is this a limitation with Localphone when dialing U.S. DIDs, or am I overlooking something in either the Gigaset configuration or a setting in the Localphone account settings? Workarounds?

Yes, Localphone requires 11 digit dialing when calling US numbers. Callcentric also requires 11 digit dialing.

I also have a Gigaset C610A-IP phone configured both with Localphone and Callcentric accounts. Setting the "Predial long distance access code for VoIP calls" to "1" allows me to use 10 digit dialing instead of 11.

If this does not work for your situation, then the only other solution that I can think of is to run your own PBX that allows you to modify the dial plan in a more granular way.

Personally, I find it annoying when voip providers don't support 10 digit dialing natively!
borntochill
join:2003-02-09
united state

borntochill

Thanks.

If that's the case, my workaround will be much like you suggested, but instead of a PBX I'll simply connect an ObiHai unit to Gigaset's POTS line input since it has a flexible dial plan configuration.