Search similar:

uniqs
Criticals
join:2010-05-30

1 edit

Criticals

Official Wildstar Discussion Thread

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 0Lgym1aQ

Link above is to the story trailer. Beta is live. Regular users can level up to 20 and people who had beta access before can level all the way to 50. Beta runs May 8-18th. Post your impressions here.

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277

Premium Member

Re: Wildstar open beta is LIVE!!

I played the first beta a bit back but was not having a good experience due to a video card on its last legs. I picked up a new one so I am looking forward to trying it out again.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Criticals

to Criticals
I caved and downloaded the beta as it is a long one.

Graphics wise it feel a little flat. I have a poor machine, but it runs WoW fine at max res, colours are all crisp and no lag. Wildstar I've had to drop a res, the colours all seem foggy and I get the odd lag.

Gameplay wise they've got a winner. Only a few buttons with you choosing the abilities to go on there, ala Diablo 3 (more buttons though), the targetting is odd, but once used to it it's far better than tab targetting. The movement is sweet, GW2's defensive movements, a sprint, and a double jump. I've only tried an Esper but my friend is running a spellslinger and both seem viable.

I'm impressed.
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne

Been playing around with a few different toons; Warrior, medic and engineer. Game play takes some bit getting accustomed too. There are a lot of pop ups on the screen that can be overwhelming at first. So far i am enjoying the game
Criticals

Criticals

I finally got to level 20 and ran my first dungeon then immediately logged off and purchased the game afterwards. It was the most incredible experience in the game yet and if its just starting out I expect the further leveling dungeons and end game content will be absolutely stellar!

Cat5

Cat5

said by Criticals:

I finally got to level 20 and ran my first dungeon then immediately logged off and purchased the game afterwards. It was the most incredible experience in the game yet and if its just starting out I expect the further leveling dungeons and end game content will be absolutely stellar!

It certainly ticks all the right boxes for me. Even the price is low! I can get the Deluxe version for £45 or the base one for £25. £20 for a hoverboard is well worth it, let alone all the other cool stuff you get.

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Currently downloading right now. Is it all 1 server at the moment, or yall on a specific one? Wouldn't mind meeting up in game for some group action

Cat5

Cat5

said by Noiche:

Currently downloading right now. Is it all 1 server at the moment, or yall on a specific one? Wouldn't mind meeting up in game for some group action

I just jumped in, but it does show realm at the top. I'm EU anyways.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Well then your not helping ; /

At the rate of download, I should be on in 30-45 minutes, give or take a power outage or 2
liquoranne

liquoranne to Criticals

to Criticals
said by Criticals:

I was wondering how dungeons are. Im going to focus on my medic and get to that point so i can try them out. I deff. want to roll a medic if i decide to play this game.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Criticals

Premium Member

to Criticals
I'm going to make an educated guess and say they'll be a full wipe before the game is released? Not sure how much time I want to put into the game if so.
liquoranne

liquoranne

Yes, full wipe. I just want to try out dungeons before i make a decision on purchasing or not. So far leveling has been pretty fun.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I'm really enjoying the combat in this game, and the music is great. For once I can listen to in-game sounds. Voice acting is pretty on point too. I'm almost lvl 7, so I'll be at dungeons tomorrow probably.
Criticals

Criticals

When im in a dungeon I dont feel as though I want to test my invincibility like in WoW. I dont see a group of mobs and think "LETS DO THIS!!" and go for it. I feel more like a group of humans with melee weapons on the African safari. Its like "ok guys, lets stay together and move slowly and we might survive this".

Cat5

Cat5 to Criticals

to Criticals
I was looking online last night for prices on the game codes websites. On G2A.com a seller from one of the poorer European countries was selling the deluxe edition for £14.17 ($23.91). It was a faff to get as G2A have to shadow your screen to make sure it's valid, but it worked.

The only worry is it doesn't say anywhere on my account that it is the Deluxe version as it just says "pre-order". It could be fine as all accounts are pre-orders currently, but I raised it with G2A with the live chat and ticketed it with Wildstar to make sure what it was. To be honest I got the base game for much cheaper than it should have been anyway so I can always upgrade and not lose out, but if it said deluxe...
Asteldian
join:2011-05-04
united kingd

Asteldian

I wouldn't panic. When I bought the ESO Imperial Edition from GMG, the code I got flagged me as Pre-Ordered but gave no indication of having bought the Deluxe Edition, it wasn't until closer to release that I got the actual code for the game which flagged me for the Collectors

Cat5

Cat5

said by Asteldian:

I wouldn't panic. When I bought the ESO Imperial Edition from GMG, the code I got flagged me as Pre-Ordered but gave no indication of having bought the Deluxe Edition, it wasn't until closer to release that I got the actual code for the game which flagged me for the Collectors

Oh I'm not panicing, just if it's wrong it's always better to make them aware of it sooner, rather than later. G2A work via PayPal so I have 45 days if I was going to claim it back, but to be honest, the price I paid is a good deal even if I don't get the uber cool hoverboard.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

I'm absolutely loving the game, so I went ahead and ordered the deluxe edition. It shows it coming with a bunch of things, but I don't have them in game yet? Anyone have any info on this? According to my NCSoft account, my DE code is uploaded/connected, but I'm not getting the costumes or player housing or anything.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Criticals

Premium Member

to Criticals
Must...not...

I have BF4 & D3... and Star Citizen is coming out...

Ok, I'm good. Not downloading.
liquoranne

liquoranne to Noiche

to Noiche
Not sure if you get this now or at launch. I think the only perk pre-orders and such get now is a lvl 50 beta launch level cap. Not 100% sure tho.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to Criticals

to Criticals
What's the pricing structure on this game going to be like?

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
But Arch, the download is 100% free. How on earth could you pass such an offer up!

You must reconsider for your sanity's sake!

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Must...not...

Ok, I'm good. Not downloading.

lol...I did nearly the exact same thing this morning. I downloaded the .exe launcher, opened it up and stared at the "INSTALL" button.

Then I realized it's another subscription based grind fest MMO.

I quickly closed it and went on with my business.

NO thanks.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Actually, with the 4 different paths, you get to choose how grindy your game play is. You still have the normal quests, but you have path quests also. There's so many per zone.

I'm a solider path, so my path quests are kill quests, which I don't mind. But you can go like Adventurer and be sent to discover cool places, or scientist to create cool things, and I forgot the other 1. They did a great job at mixing many MMOs combat/gameplay style. The need to constantly move and dodge attack while everything you do has to be aimed at least a little, makes it a very engaging experience.

I highly recommend trying out the free beta up to lvl 20. After that, choose to not play if you want, but I'm finding this game very fun.

Cat5

Cat5 to Noiche

to Noiche
said by Noiche:

I'm absolutely loving the game, so I went ahead and ordered the deluxe edition. It shows it coming with a bunch of things, but I don't have them in game yet? Anyone have any info on this? According to my NCSoft account, my DE code is uploaded/connected, but I'm not getting the costumes or player housing or anything.

I bought my deluxe dirt cheap from an obviously dodgy seller on G2A.com, the code I got only said "pre-order" in my account. Wildstar say I should get another code on or just before release, so I chased with G2A.com who say this is the case. Apprantly the first code is only for the pre-order bonuses and whatever edition you get you will need a secondary code.

All the bonuses are in game items, and the game hasn't launched yet. What you are playing now is just the open beta and all your toons will be destroyed when it ends*.

We get a 3 day head start with the pre-order, so I'm guessing thats what the first code is for, and all the extra stuff will come with the second code.

*probably, I can't find confirmation but this tends to be the case with betas.
Cat5

Cat5 to liquoranne

to liquoranne
said by liquoranne:

Not sure if you get this now or at launch. I think the only perk pre-orders and such get now is a lvl 50 beta launch level cap. Not 100% sure tho.

You get:

- 3 Day Head Start
- Access to WildStar Beta Weekends
- Exclusive Rocket House
- Housing Trophy
- In-game Storage Bag
- Pre-Order Title
- Name and Guild registration

and yes in this open beta we can go higher than level 20. I think it's only level 30 but I'm not sure. I'm loathe to sink time into beta tests as all progress is usually reset.
Cat5

Cat5 to Raible

to Raible
said by Raible:

What's the pricing structure on this game going to be like?

£8.99 a month, but the initial game is cheap. Through 100% legit sites like Amazon you're looking about £30 for the regular edition, but code sites like G2A are selling the deluxe for that price. I'm still not 100% sure if it will pan out correctly, but I've got the deluxe version for 50% of the current regular edition price.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
said by Noiche:

Wouldn't they only come when it goes live? Or did it specifically say you get them in beta too?

Cat5

Cat5 to Noiche

to Noiche
said by Noiche:

I'm a solider path, so my path quests are kill quests, which I don't mind. But you can go like Adventurer and be sent to discover cool places, or scientist to create cool things, and I forgot the other 1.

-Soldier: for players with a thirst for constant combat.
-Scientist: for players who want to observe, examine, and collect knowledge/items throughout Nexus.
-Settler: for players with a knack for building towns, upgrading civil infrastructure, and making new friends.
-Explorer: for players who want to check out every nook and cranny within Nexus.

I've only tried explorer and it's fairly cool, suits my style of play.
Criticals

Criticals

I saw a video of a soldier doing a Holdout. Which is similar to a rift. Its an open world wave based onslaught mode. Well Holdouts are designed to scale up so that a whole party can participate. Their was one group where and entire raid came to do a raid and the guy was doing a Holdout outside the raid which meant the Holdout scaled all the way up to raid size. All of a sudden about 50 NPCs come running toward the holdout beacon at once and everyone starts fighting them off. It was pretty epic.