Turbo Mach 5
join:2008-05-29
San Augustine, TX
ARRIS SB6183
TP-Link Deco

Turbo Mach 5

Power levels a little high?

Click for full size
'ello again! I started to notice power levels rising to the point of between 13-19 on the downstreams. Upstream seems fine at 47 but I was wondering is it going out of spec (as in do I need to give them a call) or should I be fine? I haven't really experienced any slowdowns/dropped connections.

Here's a snapshot from an hour ago.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal

Premium Member

Yes, those are really high. With D3, it's best to keep them within +/-10. Of course, if you're not having any trouble you could continue as is, but if you do start seeing disconnects, the first thing they'll want to do is send out a tech to look at the line.
Turbo Mach 5
San Augustine, TX

Turbo Mach 5

Then I'll keep an eye on them. Logs show the standard sync timing/TLV-11 - unrecognized OID/no ranging response received. Maybe it will clear itself up. I have seen the levels drop below 10 (one day they were at 6-7).

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

The fact that they are varying that much over a day is a sign that there is a problem. Possible cracked line or rf ingress somewhere, faulty line amp, several things.

Not sure on your modem specs, but reading over mine, your downstream power levels would actually cause my modem to reboot, lol.
Turbo Mach 5
San Augustine, TX
ARRIS SB6183
TP-Link Deco

1 edit

Turbo Mach 5

Hehe it's the Motorola SB6121. I should look it up.

Annd found it:

Operating Level Range –15 to 15 dBmV

So checking this morning I'm technically out of spec on chan 2, all others are right at or below. I'll still keep an eye out on it.