spc
uniqs

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi to SparkChaser

to SparkChaser

Re: Some places are not meant for CFL

Should be a Nat gas light. Personally I like that the best for looks.

Boooost
@24.190.184.x

Boooost

Anon

said by Corehhi:

We have towns in New Jersey that still have gas lights (in addition to modern electric streetlights).

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to Corehhi

Premium Member

to Corehhi
said by Corehhi:

Actually, we had just come up from Charleston and saw some gas lamps there.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by SparkChaser:

said by Corehhi:

Actually, we had just come up from Charleston and saw some gas lamps there.

Since your OP was about the CFL's in Colonial Williamsburg can you imagine the cost of installing gas lights in place of the electric lights there now?

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by Jack_in_VA:

Since your OP was about the CFL's in Colonial Williamsburg can you imagine the cost of installing gas lights in place of the electric lights there now?

Yes, I can imagine and wasn't suggesting it and I thank you for the information on their financial problems which I did not know.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by SparkChaser:

said by Jack_in_VA:

Yes, I can imagine and wasn't suggesting it and I thank you for the information on their financial problems which I did not know.

I live about 40 miles from CW and their financial troubles are in the news. Hotels are taking a beating with very low occupancy rates. The two Jamestown attractions also are having lower attendance. I've always thought CW was making a mistake by continually raising their prices. I think maybe the tipping point has been reached.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to Boooost

Premium Member

to Boooost
said by Boooost :

said by Corehhi:

We have towns in New Jersey that still have gas lights (in addition to modern electric streetlights).where at?

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

said by SparkChaser:

said by Jack_in_VA:

I live about 40 miles from CW and their financial troubles are in the news. Hotels are taking a beating with very low occupancy rates. The two Jamestown attractions also are having lower attendance. I've always thought CW was making a mistake by continually raising their prices. I think maybe the tipping point has been reached.

I have small children and I can tell you over the last 10 years all these places went nuts price wise. Disney World??? Disney for a family is about the price of a good used car, if you go all out it's the price of a new cheap car.

When your business is mostly based on families there's only so much you can charge. Everything we do family wise is X 4. $5 extra a ticket plus an extra $2 a person per meal etc. etc. small increases across the board add up to a lot of money.
66860111 (banned)
join:2014-04-28

66860111 (banned)

said by Corehhi:

I have small children and I can tell you over the last 10 years all these places went nuts price wise. Disney World??? Disney for a family is about the price of a good used car, if you go all out it's the price of a new cheap car.

When your business is mostly based on families there's only so much you can charge. Everything we do family wise is X 4. $5 extra a ticket plus an extra $2 a person per meal etc. etc. small increases across the board add up to a lot of money.

Disney for the price of a 'good' used car? It's not really any more expensive then any other type of vacation for us. It seems to come up to about $1,000 per person per week we go on vacation.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to Corehhi

Premium Member

to Corehhi
said by Corehhi:

Gas lights give off very little light and are very energy inefficient because they are on 24 hours per day!