join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to weaseled386

Premium Member

to weaseled386

Re: Getting a 404 on brighthouse.com

said by weaseled386:

said by opp :

I only posted it works for me while using MY to help you or whoever troubleshoot, I guess that warrants a rude response back here.

For what its worth, I've used the MY prefix for several years now. I'll drop it knowing it isn't needed now, but it was (and is) a legit URL!

This is a new change (within past few weeks)....geolocation has been enabled so it is no longer necessary. If I managed to forget to tell you ...ooops

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386 to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

but I can assure you there are MANY people who have accessed Brighthouse via the regional sites so making a change like this is going to bring problems like this.

My dad (who is terrible with computers) tried to pay his bill this weekend. He tried using the CFL prefix, and it didn't work. Even he knew to try to use brighthouse.com to see if it worked. He could have called, and been told the same thing. Really, there is no reason to get your knickers bunched up.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

It seems the only person who's bothered by this is you. I was replying to Gary's comment regarding all sites working as they should be. They clearly weren't but that is obviously due to a change done on the web end of things, which was finally mentioned by Gary.

Take a deep breath, it'll be okay.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to OmagicQ

Premium Member

to OmagicQ
This has been checked, rechecked and checked again and nothing was found other than stale links. Remember from now on please use »brighthouse.com no matter where you are located. It will geolocate you and of course you may always manually choose your region if you wish.

k84
join:2010-08-10
Orlando, FL

k84

said by BHNtechXpert:

This has been checked, rechecked and checked again and nothing was found other than stale links. Remember from now on please use »brighthouse.com no matter where you are located. It will geolocate you and of course you may always manually choose your region if you wish.

Considering Bright House used the prefix URLs for years it isn't a surprise many people have old bookmarks with those addresses in them. Using cfl.mybrighthouse.com as an example returns a 404 error as I type this.

Telling people to use brighthouse.com is fine (I already do that) but your average customer with old bookmarks isn't going to know any better.

Is it really that difficult to redirect all of the old prefix URLs to brighthouse.com?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to OmagicQ

Premium Member

to OmagicQ
Having managed a site or two in my life there comes a point where you can redirect yourself crazy. People unfortunately are creatures of habit and in many cases won't change a specific behavior (no matter how bad it may be...whatever it is) until forced to. The proper path to the site is »brighthouse.com so delete your old bookmarks or favorites that point to the incorrect path. Thank you.

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

A favorite I've had for SEVERAL years started going to the 404 a few days ago. I just deleted that one and made another, no biggie