spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mike258
join:2014-05-10
Woburn, MA

mike258

Internet problems in Woburn, MA

I've had some internet problems the past week or so.

My service went out about 4:00am on 5/1/14. Tech came out the next day and installed (2) different cable modems. He couldn't get me back online and left after 2-3 hours. A few hours after he left, the service came back online.

5/6/14, service went out about 8:00pm. Called tech support, did all the rebooting, etc. They said something about out of spec signal and noise in the line. Scheduled a tech for the next day. The next morning I was back online so I cancelled the service call.

5/9/14, service went out at 11:40pm. I went to bed. It was back the next morning (today).

Encoded Mac: 3c0da31c9d0318cdd35facf2301c0e1fdb94ab2e

Note sure what is going on. Hopefully someone can help.

My wife wants to go get FIOS back...I don't want go that route just yet.
mike258

mike258

Service out again. Back to Fios monday.

JMorales
@207.237.78.x

JMorales to mike258

Anon

to mike258
sounds like their is noise on the line in your area but not your home. noise or interference from any customer on the node that feeds your area will cause the issues your describing. a normal service tech would not be able to troubleshoot that. it would require higher level techs with more advanced equipment that can look at upstream noise then pinpoint it. pinpointing it could literally involve disconnecting 1 customer at a time to determine the source, a very time consuming a labor intensive process.