Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Shaw

2 recommendations

[Serious] senseless violence ...

There was a murder at a very good friend's home last night.
I don't know the person who was killed.

I guess it's a weird part of the human condition that although I'm very sad for the victim and his family, I'm "relieved" that it wasn't P. who was killed ....
--
Jamais le mal n'aura le dernier mot. La foi et l'amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

said by squirt:

... I guess it's a weird part of the human condition that although I'm very sad for the victim and his family, I'm "relieved" that it wasn't P. who was killed ....

Yes, it is. I'm relieved that it wasn't your friend, too.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
reply to squirt
I've been touched by violent people of late also. A child in my sibling's care's father killed the mother. A disturbed man on the bus became violent for no earthly reason and I almost got in a fight to defend the driver. Bad energy out there. So sorry, Squirt, there indeed is a lot of evil and anger in the world. It seems to rear its head when the weather warms.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
Reviews:
·Shaw
Sorry to hear about the tragedy that touched you, Mark.

said by signmeuptoo:

A disturbed man on the bus became violent for no earthly reason and I almost got in a fight to defend the driver.

Kudos for your courage in coming to the driver's defense.

said by signmeuptoo:

So sorry, Squirt, there indeed is a lot of evil and anger in the world.

Yes, there is a lot of evil and anger, but overall the world is a good place ...
--
Jamais le mal n'aura le dernier mot. La foi et l'amour déplacent les montagnes de la haine.
- Marguerite (Maggy) Barankitse

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
Indeed, the Creator wouldn't have allowed humankind to continue this far if humans were, overall, without redemption. My favorite writer, in one of his books, calls humans "stupendous badasses" (we're like a pile of little Ceasars going around ruling about the place).

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

3 recommendations

reply to onDvine
said by onDvine:

said by squirt:

... I guess it's a weird part of the human condition that although I'm very sad for the victim and his family, I'm "relieved" that it wasn't P. who was killed ....

Yes, it is. I'm relieved that it wasn't your friend, too.

And I will second what D says.

Years ago, my best friend was murdered by her husband, with a deer rifle at point-blank range. It was horrifying, and their six kids were home when he pulled the trigger. To make a very long story very short, a number of us who knew her, had to testify against him. He walked, thanks to a an extremely high-priced defense attorney, and the fact that he also had bi-polar disease. Several years later, he was yet again off his meds, and walked in front of a moving bus. Spent the rest of his life in a nursing home, and his kids refused to be assigned responsibility for his care. It was the best payback I've ever seen.
--
"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle