spc
Search similar:

uniqs
web1b
join:2008-10-25
USA

1 recommendation

web1b

How to find non-promotional rate from Time Warner Internet?

A low-income relative needs the cheapest Internet available and would like a step up from dial-up she currently uses.
Time Warner is available in her area and the bottom tier available is their 2 Mb download speed plan that is listed on the site as a promotional rate of $14.99 per month for 12 months.

She can afford that since it little more than she was paying for dial-up, however they don't disclose what the price will be after the promotion ends.
Maybe they don't have 2015 prices yet and can't quote a price guarantee. So, then how about just saying what the 2014 prices are for people who had their 12 month promotional discount end today? Maybe there will be a price bump next year and the price will not be the same, but at least we would have a ballpark expectation on non-promotional pricing.

Apparently, this is not listed anywhere and they will not tell you even if you ask.
See this link where the rep says they can't find that information and therefore cannot give an answer even for what is the current non-promotional pricing for a plan:
»www.buffalonews.com/city ··· 20130805

We do not want to go through the hassle of helping her get signed up and getting a modem/router so she doesn't have to pay the additional monthly rental fees only to have her need to go back to dial-up in 12 months because the $14.99 rises to $29.99 or higher at the end.

Also, the name of this $14.99 plan is the "Everyday Low Price" plan. The name itself makes it sound as if that is an "everyday" price and not a limited-time offer price and that it should not have any price change after the promotion, but it doesn't specifically say that.

Can anyone find the non-promotional price information or say what happened with their own plan after their new customer promotion ended?
mja1980
join:2013-05-09

mja1980

The commerical with bill chower states that it is a non promo price. Should stay the same.

cousintim
join:2004-10-10
Dallas, TX

2 recommendations

cousintim to web1b

to web1b
The $14.99 offering is the retail price, not an introductory or promotional price. Its guaranteed for the 12-month term and would only increase afterwards if TWC raised the published retail price.

Pegasus
Premium Member
join:2008-01-04
united state

Pegasus to web1b

Premium Member

to web1b
Your local cable office SHOULD have a little leaflet with every service & rental on it with retail prices.

When ever i have changed packages the tech always has a little pamphlet with a bunch of crap & that little leaflet so you might be able to get it form a tech.

You can always call too. I have seen a few posts on here claiming CSR's were evasive with this question but ive always been able to ask them what the package price is and what all the taxes & below the lines fee's are with no issues.
macbookguy
join:2008-02-08

1 recommendation

macbookguy to web1b

to web1b
»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· tes.html

That site has a lot of the Midwest at the very least.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by macbookguy:

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· tes.html

That site has a lot of the Midwest at the very least.

Finally those came back with updates.
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to web1b

Premium Member

to web1b
Click for full size
Can't you go to your local franchise site and see the prices? Ours have always been published on Oceanic.com. What is ridiculous, at the moment, is that Basic Internet 3/1 is ALMOST TRIPLE the price of Everyday Low price Internet 2/1. That's what happens when corporate forces Oceanic to do things they don't want to do. Oceanic currently advertises Everyday Low Price on TV and says it is NOT a promo.

Anyhow, I don't understand why you can't find a price list at your local franchise's website or a flyer from their office. I suspect there are no more flyers though as when I requested one by phone, I was sent a web printout (that I could easily have printed myself) of analog channels. I had asked for the CURRENT flyer/brochure for all Oceanic services and prices. So, maybe TWC has forced the franchises to no longer print the flyers. I used to get one every year in snail mail but I didn't this year and can't seem to get one sent.
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7

said by Mele20:

What is ridiculous, at the moment, is that Basic Internet 3/1 is ALMOST TRIPLE the price of Everyday Low price Internet 2/1. That's what happens when corporate forces Oceanic to do things they don't want to do.

That's about the way it is in most places... Here "Basic" is $47.99 (non promo full retail price).
sludgehound
join:2007-03-12
New York, NY

sludgehound to web1b

to web1b
2/1 in NYC for cheapest set price, no router or extras. That's a reduction from existing level. No wi-fi and runs streaming fine at a decent site like cbs.cox but will buffer at poor sites. $15 seems fair nuf considering what rates used to be like old AOL lol.