All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
falconress
join:2002-01-01
New York, NY

falconress

[Modem/Router] Actiontec GT784WNV - Which device is which IP address?

How can I see which IP address is assigned to each device on my network? I'd also like to see the device's MAC addresses and, ideally, assign them recognizable names.

It was easy to do this with my old Verizon modem but I can't find a way to do it with the Actiontec. I would be grateful for any help.

Many thanks.

former qwest
Premium Member
join:2014-01-04
out there

former qwest

Premium Member

could find nothing on the 784WNV, but try this, it's for the 784WN. only difference i can see are the external antennas. »www.actiontec.com/produc ··· uide.pdf
falconress
join:2002-01-01
New York, NY

falconress

Thank you!

I found nothing under that guide, which is indeed very similar to the one for my model... but I finally found what I was looking for, kinda sorta.

Status >> ARP Table provides a list of which IP addresses are assigned to which MAC addresses, as well as the connection type. From there it's pretty easy to match the MAC addresses to the device itself, and once I have the list, I will only have to update it if I add devices in the future.

I haven't found a way to add a more user-friendly, easily recognizable device name like I could on my old router, but I can live with that.

Thanks again.

former qwest
Premium Member
join:2014-01-04
out there

former qwest

Premium Member

glad you worked it out!